Sign in to follow this  

Will a 2004crf crank work in my 2003crf?

I got my new crank about 3 months ago and I was just about to install it today. I thought I'd check the part number today just to make sure that I have the right crank for my bike. Turns out the part number off the crank box is for the 2004 crank, does any one know if the 2004 crank can be used in a 2003?

Thanks wingman111, now that I know I have the right crank I can put my motor back together now. :cry: I can't wait to get her running again.

If you didn't put it in yet, can you weigh it and compare it to your '03 crank? Honda said they have a lighter flywheel for '04 but the flywheel has the same part number for all years, the crank however has a new part number so I think that is where they took the weight off. I want lighter flywheel for my '02 Supermoto and was curious if I could do that with the newer crank assembly.

The crankshafts are functionally identical for all years of CRF's the bolt on ignition flywheel is different between the 02/03 and 04.The 04 has more holes drilled in it and is about 4 oz lighter.This has some effect on how responsive the power is and in my opinion doesn't make the machine stall easier.cheers