Sign in to follow this  

MY 262 KIT UPDATE

Well, I got my Eric Gorr 262cc kit yesterday and installed everything today. It was very easy. The kit came with all the gaskets even the one for the timing chain tensioner. As usual, the most difficult thing was installing and setting the cams. But with some deep breaths I got them in. Torqued everthing down, new oil, filter and sparkplug. Carb on, went from 2 turns to 1 3/4 on the fuel screw. Clean No Toil filter. A couple of deep breaths, 2nd kick and the thing sounded awesome. I warmed it up for a few minutes and then ripped up and down the block pissing of the neighbors for sure. There is a big difference! My rings were gone before but now the compression is obvious. The throttle response is amazing! I just want to thank Eric and Rich at Forward Motion. I am going to Glen Helen on Thursday and I can't wait. :cry:

although I used Lukes racing for the 262 kits on ours, I think it's one of the top 5 needed mods on the 250s.

Make sure you run good premium gas, and they tend to run hotter from the added compression. SO engine ice or amsoils coolant is a good thing too.

next thing for you to do is to...

replace the air filter cage for a 125's, and get a twin air backfire filter for it.

Cut the rear wall of the airbox down flush with the rear fender. You can trim the side panels for more airflow as well.

wrap the header and midpipe with header wrap.

get hotcams cams for it.

tweak the tps for more umph down low.

:cry:

the header wrap helps keeps the exhaust gas hot. As exhaust gas cools it slows down, it has the same overall affect as if you placed a restriction in the pipe to cause it to slow down. I.E. the wr's exhaust plug. The end result, hot exhaust gas means more hp.

It lowers the temp around the header so much so, that your leg wont get hot anymore. A bonus side affect is if you touch it momentarily it wont melt your skin off like the pipe will either.

Will a 262F be as reliable as a stock 250F? I think I already know the answer but I was just wondering.

From what everyone is saying,,,, YES. Now if you get to the 290 and 302 kits,,, maybe not. I will find out soon enough. Everyone I have talked to had nothing but great things to say about the 262 kit. I have heard of some 290 and 302 kits grenading.. :cry:

Ive got a 262 kit also. Weisco piston, Cyl. Millenium Technologies and a hot cam. This thing rocks. :cry: 2nd best mod I have, only to my Race Tech re valve by Hensley Racing.

I havent heard of anyone killing a 262, but still you need to keep an eye on the engine temp. It can run hot enough to cook the oil.

I just put the intake and exhaust cams from hotcams in the kids bike. We just putted around the yard after breaking the cam in, but it was easy to feel the difference from them. They really boosted the torque at lower rpms.

It still remains to be seen how much the lose at WOT, but since the intake cam's timing is adjustable I should be able to find the hp peak where I want it for the ride.

I put the 262 kit in my WR yesterday.

I rode it and it was worth the effort and the money. It seems to have more power everywhere. The e-start still works.

The guys at Foward Motion were great to deal with and took time to answer all my questions.

Does anyone have the website for Forward Motion? And i guess this is where i could find the big bore kits for any bike.

There are many that make a 262cc kit. Forward Motion (http://www.ericgorr.com/), Thumper Racing, RPM (http://www.rpmsbigbore.com/), Max Powers (http://www.maxpower-engines.com/). My friend has the RPM kit and it is great. Others have the other brands and they all seem fine. Good luck with your choice and let us know your feedback if you get one.

I think they all use the same piston. RPM is alot more money.

I snuck out of the house and put 20 miles on the bike and had a ball.

To wheelie over a puddle I used to have to put my spincter on the tail light. Now I use hit the throttle and there it is. My bike is stock execpt for the free mods and a ProMoto Billet exhaust pickle.

Big Fun!

There are many that make a 262cc kit. Forward Motion (http://www.ericgorr.com/), Thumper Racing, RPM (http://www.rpmsbigbore.com/), Max Powers (http://www.maxpower-engines.com/). My friend has the RPM kit and it is great. Others have the other brands and they all seem fine. Good luck with your choice and let us know your feedback if you get one.

Thanks for the url's and ill let yall know if/or when i get a kit.

Quick question for some of yall guys that have done the Max Powers Big bore kit, what stage did alot of yall goes go with that got the 262 kit? and what is the big difference from the eric gorr's kit that is a little bit cheaper?

I think they all use the same piston. RPM is alot more money.

Are you sure? They have an option where you can send your cylinder in to be bored OR you can just order a new one with the bore and keep your stock one. The latter is more because you are paying for a new cylinder.

I sent Eric Gorr my cylinder,piston,rod pin and valve train with spark plug. For the 50 bucks I had them adjust the valves and check and clean the valve seats. When I got it back it looked like new!!! I got my original head back and a 03' cylinder. I guess it depends on if they have some 262 cylinders already made if you get yours back or a different one. Either way I think they are the way to go. They will answer all your questions and give you a detailed instructions on how to put your kit together.

No offense to the others just my 02 cents....

There is a 150 dollar core charge at Forward Motion which you get back when you send your cylinder back.

The actual cost of the kit is 365.00 which included shipping and gaskets.

I was told all of the shops use Wiesco pistons.

I was surprised at how well the bike runs, a 12 cc increase is not alot. I guess a good part of it is the 3/4 point compression increase.