Sign in to follow this  

???? for jetting junkies

heres my problem, its not that the bike runs bad either way i'm about to describe just different. o.k. its my understanding that the pilot circuit with a 48 pj and a/f 3 out and a 50 pj 1 1/2 out should be about the same?(this is where the a/f screw slows the popping on decel) both are run with a 120 paj,now before you all fly off the handle about how this is way to rich take into consideration the yz airbox,and the fact that my plug is the perfect shade of tan. my a$$ scratcher is it doesn't take as many turns out with the 50 pj but it lacks the snap it had with the 48 at 3 turns out. i don't really like the way it runs with the 50 and don't really like it being 3 turns out on the 48. the mid and top are great, and the 04 needle was upgraded from the 03 so i'm gonna leave well enough alone on that. would maybe coming down on the paj to 100 and using the 48 pj, or would using the 50 pj and drillng the paj larger be the way? :cry: :cry:

well,turns out (after somemore scratchin) that just removing the quiet core insert did the trick. apparantly our state limit is 102 db not 99 like i thought. tested it with the warden at the place i rode today and blew a 101 talk about close! so as it stands the 50 pj(AF 1 1/2 turns out) with the 120 paj seems the way to go, it evened out the power delivery nicely. :cry: