2005 250f Shootout

I've ridden an 04 YZ250F and I have a CRF250R. Honda is MUCH MUCH better.

No it's not. I have owned 2 of the bikes and ridden all of them. They are all so close you could paint them all the same color and remove all the stickers and be happy with any of them. It comes down to price and dealer support in your area. ?

All 4 colors are covered go to www.transworldmotocross.com

The YZ 250F wins!!

It only wins in the mind of the ONE person that rode them all. The Yamaha's have always had more bottom-end power but the Honda handles better, "feels lighter", and looks SO much better. As he said, all of these bikes have good and not so good points. I'm sure most of us here could ride any one of the four and be impressed. Maybe RC can find some obvious differences but they're all good bikes (except the RMZ and KXF ?)

And don't forget who won the shootout in 2004!

One cool thing was said no one picked up on. He said the YZF-250 was the best motor outdoors BUT. THE KAWI/SUZ HAD BY FAR THE BEST LOW END. THE LOW END WAS AWESOME AND HE COULD RACE IT IN SUPERCROSS STOCK! I HAVE A CRF AND AM CONSIDERING THE KAWISUKI BASED ON MY RIDING STYLE. IF THEY WOULD JUST JUNK THAT KRAP-YABA SUSPENSION! ?

No doubt the Kawi has more on bottom. The Honda is fine but my old KXF pulled real hard into the mid-range, while the Honda goes about its business in a less rushed manner.

But also no doubt that riding the Honda is easier. The smooth powerband just doesn't tire you out as much. And the handling, now that I've had time to mess with sag and clickers, isn't close stock. The Honda forks are really impressive, to the point where I had no arm pump my last couple of rides. And believe me, I suffer from arm pump (suffered??)

Reading the TWMX and RacerX reviews gives a pretty impression of what the bikes are all about, imo. It's nice that they seem to be revealing strengths and weaknesses so a buyer should be able figure out what works for them if they don't have the luxury of riding all of them.

For my novice level riding, the smooth powerband of the Honda along with very forgiving handling get the nod over my KXF, but just barely. There are times I miss the hit that bike had, and I am having to use the clutch much more frequently. But I'm having more fun, and that's why I have a bike. ?

Let's just hope all the '05's hold up and will be judged on their handling and power, not their appetite for valves and gears ?

Mark

I have the Yamaha and I have ridden the Honda. The handling felt good/better except the bar position is too high for me. Also the motor felt sort of weak. As far as in the air and flickability goes, they feel the same. I'd still choose my Yamaha's over the Honda though. Although the Honda would be my second choice.

One thing to note about this article is the test was done by Sean Hamblin. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but Sean is a little faster than I am, so he is probably looking for different characteristics in a bike than I would.

the crf dominated the 250f shootout at Racer X, and we all know Racer X > transworld.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Honda was the bike of choice for all of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Racer X article

hahahaha

i would buy a honda if they maade their engine more reliable and powerful and if they didnt have valve troubles. Handling and looks are soo nice on the honda. But the bike is nothing with out a good motor! yamaha all the way ?