Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Kit?

Fellas, I plan to make a run to one of the dealerships around where I live to browse around and get a oil filter and I was wanting to know can I get the Jetting kit from the dealership? What exactly do I need to do the Jetting? Any special tools or anything of that nature? I checked out the DRZ site that explains the 3x3 airbox and rejetting mod and it said something about a 140 main jet that is needed for the mod with stock exhaust but the kit doesn't come with one. Can this be picked up at the dealer also and what does the Jetting kit consist of? I get easily confused when it comes to the actual mechanics of anything and I am curious as to what the actual kit consists of if you have to add to it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, seriously! :cry:

just did the dyno jet kit on my bike a few days ago. your local shop parts guys should be able to easily find it. i have the same set up as you. stock exhaust. my suzuki dealer had the 140 main jet. and i got the 25 pilot. the 25 pilot is so you dont have to have your air fuel screw backed as far out. i also bought an extended fuel screw threw kientech so i could adjust while carb was on bike. it ran great. also replaced the bowl screws with allen head bolts from hardware store. dyno jet kits are about $55.00 the extended fuel screw was $15.00 and the jets (140main-25pilot) were $7.00. 4 allen screws about $2.00. :cry: :cry:

Your local dealership may indeed have a DynoJet kit for your bike,, I have seen them on occasion. Make sure your getting the kit for the S, and not the E, As stated above,, there are some additional parts to make the kit work at it's best. Once you remove the snorkel, and open the air box up to 3"x3" the jets in the kit no longer work correctly.. SO pick up a 140 main and a 25 pilot jet from your local dealer. The dealer may or may not have them,, it's a crap shoot. If you do not find what you want,,,, All of that stuff is available in the TT Store

Jetting kit is 19-3110

Small round mains with the 140 being pn MK-288

Pilot jets ,, are the VM28/486 series.. with the 25 being pn MK-034

The extended fuel screw needs to come from Kientech

I called Jesse Kientz at kientech.com (541) 472-0835. He sold me the Dyno Jet Kit wich includes 128, 130, 132, 134, and 136 jets, tapered needle, slide spring, e-clips, adjusting washer, needle spring, plug drill and screw. In addition I bought a 25 pilot jet, extended fuel screw, and ss float bowl screws from Jesse. The reason I recommend Jesse is because you can buy the DJ kit and all the other accessories above from him. I called him, asked him all the questions your asking in addition I put a jetting question on TT and got Burned's opinion. IMHO the biggest improvement is the 3 x 3 hole in the air box and not the DJ kit. Don't get me wrong I like the DJ kit it's just that the 3 x 3 hole is where the improvement comes from IMHO.

I called Jesse Kientz at kientech.com (541) 472-0835. He sold me the Dyno Jet Kit wich includes 128, 130, 132, 134, and 136 jets, tapered needle, slide spring, e-clips, adjusting washer, needle spring, plug drill and screw. In addition I bought a 25 pilot jet, extended fuel screw, and ss float bowl screws from Jesse. The reason I recommend Jesse is because you can buy the DJ kit and all the other accessories above from him. I called him, asked him all the questions your asking in addition I put a jetting question on TT and got Burned's opinion. IMHO the biggest improvement is the 3 x 3 hole in the air box and not the DJ kit. Don't get me wrong I like the DJ kit it's just that the 3 x 3 hole is where the improvement comes from IMHO.

And your entitled to your opinion :cry: , but it is misguided IMHO :cry:.. The bike is lean from the start,, if you open the air box up more,, it will only be leaner.. IOW,, you can not do the 3x3 mod with out the jetting.. So saying one is better then the other is incomplete at best.... :cry:

Yes you can get the parts from other places,, many other places,,,, I choose to support the place that gives me great service, the best prices, and supports the community I spend time in. To each his own.