Sign in to follow this  

Wanting to Build Motocross Track

I am wanting to build a motocross track on about 12 acers, where could I get some Layouts? Thanks :cry:

i dont think your going to find any, i was looking my self and couldnt find much. Just look at other tracks and pick bits out you like and design your own

I don't know of any layouts for outdoor track. Everyone builds them according to the land, hills, drainage, trees and stuff like that. I lay it out with a quad or tractor, ride on it like that and make any changes before I start building jumps and stuff.

THere are layout for Supercross Tracks from Dirt Worx. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

when I build new stuff on my track I just stick my right hand up and squint one eye, then I go bbbrraaagghh, and then I build the new jump. I also take into consideration the run and the landing room I need, and sometimes start and see how fast I can get my bike from the start to the face of the new jump, and then I just go with the flow from there. I just build a 105 ft. triple, but the face is so steep that I have to hit it in about 4th gear or I will over jump it. and it hurts to over jump a jump that big

when i actually had access to land i could build on i would just go out and ride and find a good line around places. then fill in the blanks later:) For a good outdoor track you have to work with the terrain , dont lay it out then make it fit. use hills, creeks, natural berms. gradual elevation changes make for nice long jumps with soft landings, stuff like that.

good luck

I agree with this member, just remember, try not to have to "build jumps" lets get back to just enhancing natural elevation changes for getting air.

Make MX the "peoples sport" once again.

when i actually had access to land i could build on i would just go out and ride and find a good line around places. then fill in the blanks later:) For a good outdoor track you have to work with the terrain , dont lay it out then make it fit. use hills, creeks, natural berms. gradual elevation changes make for nice long jumps with soft landings, stuff like that.

good luck

yeah I agree with the natural terrain thing. I have a huge pond that I jump across. its in the shape of a horse shoe some one day I just went out and jumped it. its awsome

It really depends on the land but here are pics of my track and a layout I came up with in geomentry.

Pics are in order of the track.

Turn 1 it's a left hand turn.

1%20Turn%201.jpg

This was just a single jump i had for awhile use to be a 40' tabletop now its a 60' double.

2%20Jump1T.jpg

Same jump side view.

3%20Jump%201.jpg

40' double

4%20Jump%202.jpg

Whoops there is 12 in the first set then a 15' straight. They are about 1'8'' deep.

5%20Whoops1.jpg

2nd set that are alot smaller then first you either take the whoops or the wierd table thing to the side.

6%20Whoops2.jpg

Turn after the whoops

7%20Turn%202.jpg

Next turn right out of that one

8%20Turn%203.jpg

Out of that turn you either single or go further down and turn

9%20Single%20or%20Turn%204.jpg

Same turn/single different angle

z1%20Single%20or%20Turn%204.jpg

If you take the single you take this berm if you don't take the single you will come into this corner at an angle it will be a flat corner and u miss the berm.

z2%20Single%20or%20Turn%205.jpg

Small set of whoops after that turn

z3%20Whoops3.jpg

After the whoops its a flat 180 turn this is the straight after that turn the next turn starts by the green weeds

z4%20Turn%206.jpg

Turn after the straight

z5%20Turn%207.jpg

the straight after the turn going to a small stepdown table top.

z6%20Table%201.jpg

20' table top side view the landing is another 4 feet down in that hole

z7%20Table%202.jpg

End of the table top looking down at landing, its 8 feet down.

z8%20Step-Down.jpg

6' vertical take off, i have a landing built now and it shoots you straight up and 5' out i hit it 2 gear halfway.

z9%20Step-Up.jpg

I ran out of flim so no more pictures plus I didn't have the track finished yet. After the step up thing there is a straight-a-way to the first turn and I have an 80' foot double put in there.

Track.JPG