Sign in to follow this  

carrying a fishing pole

Hey everyone,

So I wanted to scout out some streams on my drz400 and I thought why not just bring my rod with me. I was wondering if anyone else does this and if so what is the best way to carry my rod. The only way I can even consider doing this know is strapeped to my backpack but is kind of awkward. The pole I use does collapse down to roughly 2.5' but to long to consider to starp to the luggage rack.

This might be a stupid idea but has anyone seen anything that could be mounted to the front forks? I know I would have to pretty careful what terrain I rode on with some kind of set up like this but I think it might be possible. Any feedback would be appreciated. :cry:

I fish from the drz once in a while, I carry my set up in my back pack!! good luck fishin'..........woody :cry: :cry:

I strap my roller-hockey stick down the side of my bike with bungees, but thats only on the road...

I fish from the drz once in a while, I carry my set up in my back pack!! good luck fishin'..........woody :cry: :cry:

Where are you fishing dustee?

I fish from the drz once in a while, I carry my set up in my back pack!! good luck fishin'..........woody :cry::lol:

Where are you fishing dustee?

I fished on the Norcal Ride and in Big Bear,and have not caught chit! :cry: :cry: and will fish on the Sierra safari oct 7-10th head out of Mammoth lakes to Hawthorne Nev., and I'm gonna catch a fish damit! :cry: :cry:

Guys,

They make backpacking fishing rods. I have one that breaks down into 5 pieces and fits into a case no longer than a foot. It holds the reel and a little bit of tackle and could easily fit into a small daypack.

Keith

I have a collapsible pole and place it in a fishing creole. This setup travels nicely in a daypack along with hiking shoes so I don't have to rock hop along the rivers and streams in my riding boots. Been doing this for years. Works great. :cry:

I want to do some ride/fishing up in Bishop! I know of some great spots!

My Brother and I have taken our Dual Sports up in Bishop and have done some great fishing. We carry our portable rod/reels in our backpacks and head up for the hills.

Darin

I'm hoping to catch some golden trout up around Kennedy Meadows next weekend. I have a nice little bamboo rod thats all ready to go. :cry:

I just bought a telescoping pole that works pretty well. I carry it and a small amount of tackle in a backpack and it works out fine. I like the idea of extra tennis shoes to move around the shore with. It's all good. :cry:

Thanks for all your reply's. I forgot to mention It is a fly fishing rod which even when collpased is still 2.5' which wont fit inside my backpack but I can strap it to the backpack. I do have a normal(whatever it is called) fishing pole which collapses to like 6 inches which is definetly no problem. I may end up just having to take my jeep if I go fly fishing because now I think about it I really need waders to get into these Colorado streams in winter.

Does anybody hear fish the South Platte here in Colorado?

I would hook up :cry: :cry: for a fishin ride!!lemme know! :cry:

I would hook up :cry: :cry: for a fishin ride!!lemme know! :cry:

Lets do it :thumbsup:I go up about once a month!