Sign in to follow this  

double after a turn.....

alright heres the deal....theres this double right after a corner with about a 10-15 foot run at it at the local track...and b4 it is a step up i hit in 4th gear and then a long straight...the problem is i cant carry speed into the turn bc its not very banked....and on my 2 smoke i cant quite get into the "meat"/powereband b4 the jump....so my question is....does anyone have and tips to clear a 15-20 foot double after a sharp corner with a short run? :cry:

I'm new at this, but possibly feather the clutch to keep it in the powerband, then bounce off the seat to gain some more air?

Seat bounce. If you don't know what that is its when you compress your suspension while sitting down before you take off the lip. Remeber to keep your throttle smooth and stand up once your in the air. Sometimes you go up nose-high so tap the rear brake and you should be good. :cry:

You didn't specify the sharpness of the turn, but if it is 90 or 180 degrees or so on, you could also square up the turn. Look on the forum, I'm sure someone has explained squaring up a turn somewhere.

need some info on the turn and the bike. you said your riding a two stroke. I would run the outside of the turn, maybe square it off a bit to get the longest run possible. be smooth with the throttle. if you get really happy with it you will just spin your wheel. I had trouble for the longest time with a 90 left to an uphill double with almost no run so i had to carry all my speed through the turn with very little berm. lean your bike over keeping your weight upright and slowly roll on the throttle, short shift a little exiting the turn so you dont spin and you should be alright. If that still wont get you follow the same procedure just seat bouncing.

good luck

Nice seat bounce and throttle. Give it a little clutch to keep the RPM's up and keep your weight a little back to help load the rear (help the seat bounce) and and to give you the traction.

If it's only 15-20 feet, even first gear should do it for you.

I like everyone elses ideas. maybe square the corner if need to get a good strait run at it and feed the clutch to keep it in the power band where the power is. Also seat bounce by sitting back on the seat and compressing the rear suspension into the jump....as it starts to kick up though make sure you start to stand because if you dont it will eject you over the bars. Good luck!! BRRAAAAPPPP!!!!

You need to clear the double in your head before you go into the turn. If you can't clear the double in your head, it's simple, don't do it. It's a feeling and you'll know it before the turn. If yes, proceed, if not, roll it.

IF yes.

1. Slow down before the turn.

2. Let me say that again, slow down BEFORE the turn.

3. Pick the gear you need on the jumpface before the turn.

4. You need to be accelerating ALL the way through the turn. You probably don't have time to be shifting between the corner and the jumpface. You might have to clutch it a bit, maybe not?

5. Drag race it out of that turn and all the way over the jump.

6. Upon landing you might realize you overjumped it. :cry:

why dont you try using 3rd gear? you could def. clear it... theres a 50 ft table out of a turn at my local track and the run way isnt that big, i scream through 2nd & 3rd gear and usually get over it. what are u riding? 80,125,250 ?

Get yourself set up as you next the corner so you're in the center of balance with your body position and you're on the exact line you want to take. Then slip the clutch just enough so you're in the meat of the power when you hit the jump. Depending on the jump you may need to stand or maybe you can seat bounce it for more hight and distance. Watch someone else do it and see what you have to do. You know, like monkey see, monkey do. :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: