Sign in to follow this  

new rmz

i just got my rmz today, it feels like it has no compression. I have a drz 125 that feels like it has more compression than the rmz. Also when it is just started the bike rattles a little. Will this go away after the bike is broken in?

Brand new bike i'm assuming. Describe the vibration. Is it shaking a lot or is the engine making noises. Did the dealer fire it up before you took it home? Can you feel the piston when it is reaching tdc? (i mean is the kick starter getting harder to push?)

i just got my rmz today, it feels like it has no compression. I have a drz 125 that feels like it has more compression than the rmz. Also when it is just started the bike rattles a little. Will this go away after the bike is broken in?

I owned a DRZ before buying an RMZ... My RMZ literally blew me off the [@#$%&*!] seat when I pinned it.

[@#$%&*!] troll. Feels like you have more compression on a DRZ? Are you off your gourd?

Yeah.

HahnJob (Honda) / YammieSuck (Yamaha) licks nutz. Is that better?

Nice Try.

I got the bike in a crate from international motorcycle brokers. I put probably an hour on the bike and the noise stopped. Yes I can feel tdc.

you are right, the power can't be compared, when I said it didn't feel like it had that much compression, I ment when I kick it. Now that the bike is broken in it has more comp.

very possible that those rings weren't seated properly (cuz they were new) and were letting some comp. blow by. Did the vibration stop as well? good luck with the bike, i'm sure you'll love the power on that baby! :cry:

What was your experience like going thru International Motorcycle Brokers? I was thinking about buying one thru them.