Sign in to follow this  

Two strokes vs. 4 Strokes

I have been reading about how two strokes are dying. When I go to the track I see like two CRF's maybe a 4 stroke Yamaha and about all two stroke Honda's. What up with this should I go back to two strokes. I thought I would be ahead of the game CR250's seem to be the top bike.

Dont be a follower,Ride what you like.If you want to go back to a 2 stroke do it because thats what you want.As for me i buy what i think is the best bike for me,I could care less what everyone else has.For us mere mortals most bikes are pretty much equal more or less.Pick what is comfortable and ride the hell out of it.Oh ,it is all about FUN! :cry:

just ride whatever you want to ride and have more fun on, if you like the 4-stroke then ride that, if you like 2-strokes then ride them. dont be a follower. and to answer your question...yes, two-strokes are slowly dying. it doesn't reallt seem like it though when yamaha just came out with what is arguably the best 125 ever made. makes me wonder if there is a future to two-strokes.

2-strokes and 4-strokes both have pros and cons. I don't think there is much of a futer for the 125 2-stroke because the 250f has a pretty big advantage over it but I thinkt he 250 2-strokes will stay around for a long while because some ppl just don't need the extra power of the 450 and it just ways them down. And for the 2005 supercross season allot of the thumper ppl in the 250 class are switching to 2 strokes because they don't need the 450 power. Just ride with what u will have fun with.

I have been reading about how two strokes are dying. When I go to the track I see like two CRF's maybe a 4 stroke Yamaha and about all two stroke Honda's. What up with this should I go back to two strokes. I thought I would be ahead of the game CR250's seem to be the top bike.

That depends on your riding style. Alot of people like two strokes, personally I am NEVER going to ride one. I have tried a few two strokes... and I never want to do it again! Four strokes are easier to ride and make a much nicer sound to! I can keep my bike in third, fourth and fifth gear along the whole track while with the 125 you had to go all the way down to second and even first :cry: in some of the tight turns... but then again if you are an aggresive rider who likes revving the thing out and throwing shifts all the time I suppose you could get the CR250/125. My best advice would probably that you tested the CRF's and CR's.

I am (have been) a two stroker, grew up with them, now 33, and I just bought my first 4, yz250f, I almost cried seeing my yz250 drive off...Are 2 strokes dying, no way, the factories are pouring to much money in them and they know stuff we don't, plus, CR, RC, Bubba, are all going two stroke for supercross...

After riding a four stroke on the same track I have ridden my two stroke on, I have noticed there are a couple of things that I like about the 4, but it is no two stroke, and the two strokes definitely still have some advantages that I like....

I agree, ride what you like best, I can see myself selling this 250f next year and going back two stroke...maybe maybe not, the 4 stroke is awful fun to ride...

two-strokes are slowly dying. it doesn't reallt seem like it though when yamaha just came out with what is arguably the best 125 ever made. makes me wonder if there is a future to two-strokes.

2 strokes are dying in mx because the rules favor 4-strokes. where the rules don't favor 4-strokes (offroad/enduro/scrambles) 2 strokes are still very popular.

mw

I used to hate 2 strokes, but have just recently seen the light and am converted! Both 2 and 4 strokes are great, I'm just happy we still have a choice!