Sign in to follow this  

has anyone broke their XR while jumping??

I am considering getting an XR250 because I will do some pretty big jumping, but nothing huge, and I will mostly ride fields, and trails. I was just wandering how easy it is to break something on an XR while jumping. Have any of you broken anything on your XRs from a hard landing, and if so what did you break???? also how far have some of you jumped on XRs?? and what was the hardest landing you've ever experienced on your XR??

Back when I used to ride a TT-R225 (kinda in the XR category), I screwed it up pretty bad from jumping. I was doing a 20ft double on it probably 15-20x (what was I thinking it's a TT-R!), and I bent the hell out of the forks. Damn TT'Rs :cry:

it's not hard to break an XR250 while jumping. they're not designed to be jumped seriously. i guess it depends on how big you plan on jumping, but i'd suggest you get at least a crf230, but idealy you will want a 250f. they're great on the trails and can handle big jumps.

I was jumping the tabletops in Hollister, on my XR400 and my brother on his CRF230. No problems at all. If the landing is right, dont worry about it. Heck, I didnt even bottom!

It's not an XR, but the story is funny. I had an old '82 XL500 that I would take to Pismo to run into town on. Once I thought I'd take it out on the dunes and accidentially bailed off a slipface. :cry:

I landed so hard that it sheared one of the linkage bolts in in half! I stayed with the KTM after that.

it's not hard to break an XR250 while jumping. they're not designed to be jumped seriously. i guess it depends on how big you plan on jumping, but i'd suggest you get at least a crf230, but idealy you will want a 250f. they're great on the trails and can handle big jumps.

At least a CRF230? are you crazy, the XR250 is twice the bike a 230 is. Dont let the CRF lettering fool you it should be XR230 but Honda dosent like the XR name any more :cry:

if they have a peg mount like the xr650...you will probably break that...and that can lead to serious bodily damage.

my friend broke the gusssets on his 85' XR80, he weighs 160 lbs hes 5'4 inches and he jumped it everyday for like 2.5 months!

My brother inlaw rode some MX on his XR250, he broke one of the foot pegs off and a while later his frame cracked.

At least a CRF230? are you crazy, the XR250 is twice the bike a 230 is. Dont let the CRF lettering fool you it should be XR230 but Honda dosent like the XR name any more :cry:

ditto

if you wanna jump, and since the CRF250s suck, get a CR125 or 250. they're made to jump.

jeremiah

And WHY do CRF250's suck? :cry:

Well how much do you weigh and how big of jumps are you going to be jumping. Why not just get the xr400?

Why not just get the xr400?

Cuz it might brake during jumping :cry:

No seriously dude, how is your XR when jumping? Would you recomend it to this chap?

Some input by a real XR rider might be interesting :cry:

I got the xr400 with stock suspension and I jump it. Only bottem once from a 15ft high jump on flat landing. Never had any breaking during jumping. I jump a lot of table jumps and doubles and havent had any problems. Suspension doesnt even come close to botteming. By the way I weigh 150 pounds.