Sign in to follow this  

Tire milage on dualsport

Just curious on average how many miles do you guys get off a set of Dual sport tires?

How far do you run them down before you consider them shot?

I hate a worn tire so I replace them often but so far my terraflex looks like it might last a few mounths! I have about 300 miles on it and boy it has hardly worn. :cry: M5b also hold up good.

Come on you guys. 23 veiws and ya can't put down a number?

Let's include all tires. Off road and dual sport or moto or ....

My bike's OEM 'Wings have about 1,300 miles on them and are looking a bit worn. I don't think your question is answerable because it depends on what dual sport tires and what is their use. My GS's Tourances last 10k miles at least. And that has nothing to do with the DRZ or the type of tires you'd use on a Suzi.

I have Michelin m12's with about 1100 miles on them. I will be replacing them soon, but they aren't totally worn out yet. I have to get it inspected in Nov. so I have to get some DOT tires on it. I'll probably run it up to 1500 by then.

I don't commute only pleasure miles, but can't afford tires cause I run 1000 miles a month, so we need something to hold up from all the street, knowing we'll sacrifice offroad. I run the rears bald, get about 6000 miles out of trailmax dunlop rear. Testing shows it as a good all around tire, but it's more street oriented. I run a dunlop 604 D now upgraded to a 607D and I have 13,000 miles on it. Superior to the original front trailwing on the street, only slightly better offroad, if you want to call it that, but it's so good on the street ,I'm very pleased.

So 5500 to 6000 on the rear , and close to 20,000 on the front( presently about have life).

But to close , I ride street oriented and expect good corner rail, braking and hold. The offroad stuff we'll sacrifice, more or less just ride it for exercise or casual trail play.

ive got a little over 3k on the stock tires and they are badly worn. Deathwings:) ive got slashes in the treads from riding rocky terrain. then center of my rear is worn bad as well as the sides from windy roads and locking the rear up alot. the front is starting to cup. Most of those miles were on road miles. maybe a few hundred off road.

I have about 2400 miles on my 606's. They still look good. I mostly use them to and from work and I ride like a granny on the street so I bet I can get another 2400 miles out of the rear and who knows about the front, maybe another 5000.

I have about 2400 miles on my 606's. They still look good. I mostly use them to and from work and I ride like a granny on the street so I bet I can get another 2400 miles out of the rear and who knows about the front, maybe another 5000.

I commute,I pitched trailwings after 12k.Ran until center knob almost even w/carcass, :cheers:69t/a

I have the Dunlop D606's. I usually ride 95% dirt. The first 1500 miles they stick like glue in the tight technical trails with lots of steep ups & downs. After that the knobs still have a lot of depth but are bit rounded off. I usually then go another 500 miles of so but am a little careful in the tight stuff where only have inches off each side of the handlebars before smacking trees.

So I usually just replace around 2000 miles but they still life at that time. At lot of fun getting all loosey goosey on the two tracks & fire roads - hanging out the backend like a dirttracker. :cry:.

Just to put it in perspective, I come out of a roadrace background going through a set or more of race tires per weekend so these trail tires at 2000 miles almost seems free :cry:. Probably really could stretch them a bit further.

Roscoe

in the dirt i get 2 rides from a 756 rear and and 3-5 from a front.

on my supermoto it depends on wich tire i run.i get one day from set of avon rains or 2-3 days on a set of maxxis slicks.

Ive been getting around 2500 - 3000 total miles on a set, but after 1500 the rear is not

the best in the dirt, still good for some terrain and fine on the street to 3000+.

Using a rear Metz Karoo 140/80/18 & Front Bridgestone E661- 90/90/21

Recently got a second set of stock rims for 21/18 slicks so I dont have to wear out my DS tires

on the street so fast. Might even use non DOT tires for my next dirt set.

I got 3300 miles out of a rear Cheing Shieng Barracuda V. When I changed it the cords were showing. The nice thing is the tires cost me $38. So I can buy two of those for one set of 496's.

I ride 90% dirt. I've gotten about 1200 miles from Pirelli MT-21. BTW, they totally suck in mud. I've gotten about 900 miles from a Michelin M12/S12. Great tire...but the knobs round off much sooner then 900 miles, and when they do you can tell a definite degradation in traction. My latest tire is a Terra-flex, but I don't have enough miles on it to give you a wear number. Based on preliminary data, I expect it to outlast the other tires I've tried. Also, with all these tires, I've replaced the both tires when the rears were worn, even though the fronts still had some life on them.

Thanks guys. I know it was going to vary but with all the answers I guess it is helping figure out what I want to know.

I tried those Mich X11 trials tires and got about 1k out of them. On average I guess I get about 1,500 miles to a rear.

I don't think anything works well in the snotty mud. I had to practicaly carry my bike up a rocky stretch yesturday with the new Kings dual sport but ounce I made that stretch is was smooth sailing.

Thanks for the replies.

Casebeer,

What tire pressure are you running in your 606's on the street?

Thanks,

-Kokopelli

I just look at the little sticker on the fender and add a pound. 19 in the front, 23 in the rear. :cry:

I currently have 3200 miles on Bridstone ED03 front,ED04 rear. The rear is obout shot but I think I can get 4000 out of it.

The front is barly wore but cupping a little.

These tires are excellent in the mud and decent on the road.