TE450 anything i should know

The main tip is if you start to have trouble starting it check the valve clearance. It's a good early warning.

If you're going to have the kickstart fitted you will be Ok now, as they have recalled the original unit (that caused problems) and replaced it with one that works.

Radiators are expensive to replace (as I found out) but there are a few protectors out there to choose from. I've got CRD on now and they have saved the radiator at least twice since fitting. CRD also make some nice frame guards to help avoid scrubbing all the paint off the frame.

If you intend to ride MX or more wide open trails, a 15T frnt sprocket lifts the gearing to match the TC (in 2nd, 3rd and 4th) which makes a big difference when using 2nd and 3rd. I prefer it but it's a personal thing.

Not much else to say really, it's a great bike...

Rooster Performance makes a skid pan that does a great job and does not look like a snow shovel. He also has radiator guards and a new case saver. I have the first two items and have been impressed. CRD makes a frame guard but when I called them it was $70. Grip tape does the same or better job and cost $5 a roll.

Ditto on valve adjusts. Easy to check and cheap insurance. Scan through the posts and get familiar with the issues. You will love this bike ?

Another tip would be the oil filter from Hiflo, It's around $5.00 (# HF154 to replace Husqvarna # 800081675). If the jetting had been dialed in already just add gas & go. The valves are super easy to check and over all the bike is super easy to work on. I use mine for GP's, VetX, track and play riding and have to say, short of real supercross, it can do it all....well.

Enjoy ?

Turn the idle up, gear it down and if it's quiet your doing something wrong ?!

Travis

I agree with all that's been said except for the above. The last thing we need are more obnoxious four strokes. If your bike is loud you can thank yourself for eliminating our trail access.

Greg

Travis

I agree with all that's been said except for the above. The last thing we need are more obnoxious four strokes. If your bike is loud you can thank yourself for eliminating our trail access.

Greg

Yep ? Love the stock TE muffler ?

Travis

Greg

Come on guys! Don't be soooooo sensitive. I didn't say anything about being loud. Where did that come from? I said don't be quiet. Big difference. What I meant was that you should never be in the silent mode on a four-stroke. In other words, keep the power on when entering corners. If you're not riding your 4T this way then you're riding it wrong or very slow. Geeez ?!

Travis Epperson

Travis

Greg

Come on guys! Don't be soooooo sensitive. I didn't say anything about being loud. Where did that come from? I said don't be quiet. Big difference. What I meant was that you should never be in the silent mode on a four-stroke. In other words, keep the power on when entering corners. If you're not riding your 4T this way then you're riding it wrong or very slow. Geeez ?!

Travis Epperson

Your post was confusing to say the least. Everyone in the world associates quiet/loud with muffler db level, not cornering speed. No harm done but I am sure you can see where the confusion came from.

Greg

Travis

Greg

Travis Epperson

Your post was confusing to say the least. Everyone in the world associates quiet/loud with muffler db level, not cornering speed. No harm done but I am sure you can see where the confusion came from.

Greg

Not in the 4T world they don't. Noise means everything on a 4T when it comes to cornering. Gotta keep the revs up. 2T=low rpm, 4T=high rpm. We are talking about his stalling issues right? Just trying to help the guy out. I guess I didn't think anyone would infer that a loud bike meant that you wouldn't stall as easy. Where did that come from?

Travis

Travis

Greg

Travis Epperson

Greg

Not in the 4T world they don't. Noise means everything on a 4T when it comes to cornering. Gotta keep the revs up. 2T=low rpm, 4T=high rpm. We are talking about his stalling issues right? Just trying to help the guy out. I guess I didn't think anyone would infer that a loud bike meant that you wouldn't stall as easy. Where did that come from?

Travis

I dis-agree with everyone. Maybe your wifes should log on to this board, it might be less sensitive. "Lighten up Francis"

The only thing you need to know about the TE450: Check your valves early and often. When you notice a big change in clearence, stop riding and get it taken care of. Change your oil like your underwear.lol

Oh, my god you said underwear, what do you mean by that? What if we don't wear them, then what? Oh my, this is very troublesome indeed.

oh, and turn up the idol!

450Husky,

At this point I could care less if I have confused another in this thread. The important thing is that "YOU" understand what I am saying. I can't imagine I need to elaborate any more but I would be happy to if you need. We are still talking about stalling the bike right? Just so I understand, you have that problem at low speeds right? If not, you would be the first to have stalling problems while accelerating. Am I clear or is this thread about loud pipes?

Travis

I never had stalling issues with my TE450 in tight woods but have the Rekluse autoclutch now so that is a thing of the past. Once Al (Rekluse) has them available you must get one, super nice and makes the bike like cheating. I can save you a little on one if you get interested in it.

?