Sign in to follow this  

Jetting correction chart! Please look

Ok guys. After much work and hair pulling, I have pulled off a jetting correction chart. Before this goes up as a stickey (if it ever does) I want everyone to plug in thier settings on thier bikes and figure out if it is correct. It should be pretty close. Just use the chart to find the correction factor by using the altitudes. Then use the number on the bottom to find the main and the pilot, and the air screw opening...

If you have never used a jetting correction chart, then this is how you do it. Find your temperature on the left. For instance, my temperature is about 77 degrees average. So I put a black line for refrence. Then follow your temerature to the right, untill you run into the line with your altitude. I'm at sea level, so you see how I stopped on the sea level line? Then follow that mark down to the number on the bottom. Mine is 1.00,.

To find the min jet size, take that number and multiply it by 132. Lets say you are at 66 degrees, and your altitude at 3000 feet. Your number is .98. So multiply 132 by .98 and this is your new main jet size. This equals out to 129.36. Try to find a main jet closest to this, a 128 will do fine.

To find the pilot jet, do the same thing, but multiply by 45. Lets say you're at 66 degrees at 3000 feet, your number is .98. Multiply .98 by 45. This equals 44.1. The closest pilot jet is a 45 pilot.

To find the needle clip settings and the fuel screw opening, use the number and correspond it onto the table below the chart.

Hopefully you guys get it. It's pretty easy. Here's the jetting chart:

corcchart.JPG

I'm going to need some help from you guys to determine the screw settings and clip settings. Just post on here.

Moderators: I will create a new post for a stickey. Do not pin this one up yet as we are still in the planning stages! Thanks! :cry::cry:

hmmm i dont really know the average temp here about 70. But i checked everything and according to this i need to have a 132 main and a 45 pilot which i have. I also have my needle in the 4th and my screw 1.75 turns out and its a little rich, my plug is black

Thanks 04..

May I ask your correction number? Do you think 1.5 turns out would do it for you?

well i used the 1.00. seeing as how its been quite hot here lately ...upper 80's to mid 70's...but it will get colder soon.

im going to pick up a plug tomorrow because i had it at 2 turns out and it was way black, turned it to 1.75 and its still pretty black although i get a few quick backfires.

Im going to get a plug or 2 tomorrow and ill let you know what setting worked best.

Can anyone else check it out and let me know how it works out? The more info I get back from you guys the better.

Not only are you helping me out to make sure that this is accurate, you're helping out furute 230F members... :cry:

hmm well and update on mine...im confused with my plug...ill post a pic. I went riding one time with it in the 1.75 and it was black. Went the next day and it was backfiring, pulled it and its white as a ghost...pulled it again and turned it out a little...and to see what it looks like now check my post im gonna do in like 2 min.

I think most of the readers are placing too much emphasis on the color of the plug!! If your bike is jetted perfectly and you ride it down a fire road for 5-6 miles at hi speed, the plug may look like you just put it in with NO color at all!! Does this mean it is lean ?? NO !! Now take the same bike and cruise back to your camp, and play ride around a little while. If you look at the plug now you may find that the plug appears to be dark, maybe even black. Is the jetting now rich ?? probably not. If you have performed the "full-power" mods and have the needle, 132 main, and 45 pilot, you will be fine through a very wide altitude range. I just came home from riding in 4000ft-6500ft elevation. I am running the before mentioned jetting. Bike ran flawlessly. I also ride the bike at lower than sea level elevations in the winter down in the deserts east of San Diego. I do not change a thing, and the bike runs perfectly. There is a little bit more power down in the desert,an increase that most riders could probably not even detect, but thats about it. If you ride in very hi elevations(8000 ft and above) you could benefit from some leaner settings, probably something closer to stock jetting. Thats my $.02