Sign in to follow this  

Moto Jack Knockoff - Any Good?

Looks interesting. How is vehicle stability affected with the weight of the moto jack and bike. Does this affect the front end of a Tahoe etc with ~275 lbs behind bumper? :cry:

All hitch carriers effect the handling of the vehicle, even suburbans and Tahoes. It's especially noticeable on downhill mountain roads. For another 100.00 you get the real Moto-Jak. I can vouche for the motojak rack. I love mine, good quality construction.

I would go with original! I have the Motojack heavy duty with gas can holder for my XR and use it on a 2003 Explorer. It does change how the front end handles gotta be more cautious. I am happy with mine and I have had it for about a year. I always check it after each ride. I wonder about the long term life of the setup though. Mostly it's a pretty cool set up. I used to have one of those carriers that you place the bike in a track and compress the shock I was always a bit leary of that set up. The Motojack is musch more stable, I have taken it down some winding bumpy roads and it has stayed rock solid. One item I did upgrade on the bike that hepls is the bigger IMS Pro Series pegs. Not only are they much better for riding they give you another spot to drop in the pegs on the motojack.