Sign in to follow this  

slide springs

Hi, just finished adding dynojet kit, air filter mod, and exhaust mod. However, as I was drinking beer last night I put it all back together without the slide spring in place. This morning the bike absolutely pulled from zero (very easy to pull the front end up from 0mph) but noticed my mistake. I pulled it apart and put the dynojet spring in and it does not have the same torque. I assume it has more torque because it is easier for the slider to open without the spring. Has anyone modified their spring by shortening it? Just curious.

RT

:cry:

I can not tell you anything about your specific case. But I can give you some ideas to experiment with. The slide is positioned by the pressure difference above and below the diaphragm (or piston as some earlier style CV carbs used). Not all CV carbs use any slide spring at all, but most do. Various carb kits replace the original spring, some don't, some let you choose. Cutting the spring reduces the preload but increases the spring rate. It would be better to experiment with springs of the correct length but different wire and/or coil size to change the spring rate and give more linear force as the slide moves. You are completely on your own here. I do not know the affect of no spring vs light spring vs heavier spring. Try various things and see what works. As I recall, the last advise was to use the original Suzuki spring with the Dynojet kit.

that may have worked for going around the block,but you will find with out the spring the slide opens to fast and will cuase a bog in real riding situations.