Sign in to follow this  

Too Loud 2005 CRF250R - Solutions?

looking to tame the roar of the CRF250R, is is just too loud to ride on trails, but I don't want to lose the snappy power, anyone tried the Pro moto billet end cap with silent insert?? did it affect the power output?

My 2nd choice is the FMF Q series, but it cost quite a bit more then the PMB end cap option.

I Gotta quiet this thing down to help keep our trails open!

Thanks guys!

Look for a stock X exhaust, adds 3 pounds (Q adds 2.5), but works and is very quiet......

looking to tame the roar of the CRF250R, is is just too loud to ride on trails, but I don't want to lose the snappy power, anyone tried the Pro moto billet end cap with silent insert?? did it affect the power output?

My 2nd choice is the FMF Q series, but it cost quite a bit more then the PMB end cap option.

I Gotta quiet this thing down to help keep our trails open!

Thanks guys!

I have the PMB and it tested at 99db w/o the quiet insert.

I just put the silent insert in and haven't taken it on a ride yet other than around the yard.

I'll let you know after my 75 mile ride tomorrow what I think.

Where you heading Fred?? I'm coming down to CT tomorrow to ride with the little guy! :cry:

I'm heading up to the the Berkshires (Sandisfield, MA) to a turkey run. Should be a nice day for it.

Have fun riding with the little guy. :cry:

i have a brand new white bro's e2 series pipe for sale 200.00 plus shipp,

i have a brand new white bro's e2 series pipe for sale 200.00 plus shipp,

You have a PM sly.

Marshall

Had an awesome ride today. Long, long steep rocky uphill climbs and lots of mud and snotty roots. I think I like it better in the woods with the silent insert, it seems to smooth the power out almost like a flywheel weight. I could still pull the hills good and it was a lot quieter than before.

I was till doing 4th and 5th stand up wheelies on the dirt roads so I don't think it lost too much power. :cry:

I talked to my buddy (A rider) there that's racing an 04 CRF250R.

He's been riding and racing enduro's all year and has had no problem at all with his bike. Original top end.

The White Bros E series 2 is for u. It is quite and adds power plus there is a single screw that holds the end of the pipe in which easily unscrews with one bolt and you can change it from quite to loud/fast :cry: