trading suspension, 250 to 450?

Just bought an '05 crf250 and i can say it's a fun little bike! I just had my suspension revalved and sprung ( 2 rides ago ) on my '02crf450 and i am wondering if i could just put my 450's forks and shock on my new 250?

I might be selling the 450 so this switch would save me the $500 bones for work on the 250's suspension!

What do you think ?

fred is right the stuff will have its limitations, not to mention the 02 stuff is old dated small bass valve and high fricktion cartrige componuts,-------not to mention that the 02 stuff is absulutly wore out compaired to the fresh 05 updated fork and shock !! --------not to forget the heavier wore out brake stay you have to swap out and hang on your new bike !!!

Damn!

Thats too bad!

I was hoping i could take my freshly valved woods suspension off my 450 and put it on my new 250, looks like thats not the case. ? just going to have to add another$500 to my 250's mods list! ?

My suspension was re-done completely on my 450 and has about 6 hours on it. Anything that was worn or needed replacing has already been done. I am not a racer but i am real sensitive to suspension setup but i don't really think i would notice a difference between properly set up 2002 or 2005 suspension components? ?