Sign in to follow this  

Crappy MPG

I havea bone stock `03 and I`m hitting reserve at 70miles. I rid mainly street, most of my hard ridiing is purely whellie riding, nothing elese. I`ve read that most guys get about 100miles before reserve. What couldbe up with my bike? I deffinatly have no leaks.

lots-o-wheelies = poor MPG.

If I do alot of whellies I hit reserve at about 80ish. Otherwise close to 100. Before rejet, fewer wheelie as they were harder to do, but I could get over 120 before reserve.

That is about what I got when mine was stock. How much do you put in after it goes to reserve? I put an IMS 4.2 gal tank on mine and it helped a lot.

I was also hitting reserve between 70-80 miles too. But I just put an IMS tank on it and now I can go 170miles. :cry:

Wonder if looking at your spark plug would give you a clue to if your running to rich?

Yes. Thats actually the best way to tune a motor is to check the plug(wish it was a little easier to get to on the DRZ). Thats the only way I tune jet skis. If the plug is white then it's lean if it has a lot of deposits on it then it's rich. Just right is a little wet and black.

Yes. Thats actually the best way to tune a motor is to check the plug(wish it was a little easier to get to on the DRZ). Thats the only way I tune jet skis. If the plug is white then it's lean if it has a lot of deposits on it then it's rich. Just right is a little wet and black.

:cry: :cry: are you serious?just right is wet and black?

i hate burst any plug readers bubbles,but reading plugs on a 4 stroke is 20 years ago.modern fuels will have you chasing your tail.

my plugs come out of my bike looking like new. :cry: