Sign in to follow this  

How long can a crf450r sit?

how long can it sit, selling it to buy newer one, have not cranked it in 2 weeks. do i need to crank it and let idle once a day/week/every other week. also for how long does it idle and rev it a couple of times or just idle

thanks

john

how long can it sit

Well, I would imagine it will sit until it falls over :cry:

Just kidding, It should be fine for quite a while if you drain the gas and turn the petcock off :cry:

My bike sits for weeks at a time. I start and ride it about every 2 weeks or so this summer. It is still easy to start. I just turn the fuel off and ride it till the carb is empty when shutting her down. Never a problem starting it. I do use Marvel Mystery oil in my fuel. Have used it sence day one.

i've had my bikes sit for 4-6 months at a time without being ridden. my yzf250 and crf250 have been sitting since may.

They can't sit for long or you'll have major problems. tel ya what. Ship it to me and I'll make sure it gets ridden at least once a week until you've sold it. :cry:

hey antman. i just thru a stone. did you hear it land on your roof?

i havent seen you out a kahuku in a the last 4 months.

Mine sat since May 8th, the day which will live in infamy as far as my femur, wrist, shoulder, ribs, and lung are concerned :cry:

Seriously. I had the gas off and the carb dry. After a washing by my buddy Loopout, the steel parts were sprayed with WD40 to prevent rust, the chain was well lubed, and I sent my wheels to another buddy Don, to have them relaced with all stainless Bulldog spokes front and rear and some heavy duty tubes. I popped the wheels back on today, along with a new AC Racing subframe, a new 5.7 shock spring, and some TLC to the moving parts. Some fresh gas in the tank, fired it up with only 5 kicks, ran it for a minute or two around the yard, then oil changes on both sides.

Not bad for a bike that has not seen any action since May...one more month and I will be riding an MX track again....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry: :cry: