Sign in to follow this  

Kicker covers repost

This is for 10guy and bronco78, who asked me to fix the pics on my cfc ignition cover on my kicker. I never was able to find those old pics, so I'll just repost these new ones.

The first pic is just a side-on view of the cover. The second pic shows the small gap you get when you have the cover cut down to fit the kicker.

pic one

pic two

The way to do it is easy. All you need is a good pair of calipers and a die grinder (or other method of conveniently removing extraneous metal). I set my calipers for about 1/8 of an inch, and scratched a line around the outside of the cover. Then I cut the metal down to the line. I kept doing this until I had the cover down to about the size I needed. I think overall, I removed about 3/4" of material, but please don't take my word for that.

Once you have the cover cut down, it's easy, just permatex that sucker on.

The only problem you'll find is that you're left with about 1/8" gap on the outside edge of the cover. That's because the angle of the cover is a hair more shallow than the cover itself. I just filled the gap with the permatex. I've never had a problem with the gap catching on anything, so I don't think that's a problem. If running full bore through a sagebrush won't tear it off, it should be okay :cry: