Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Tennessee?

Like the title says Im thinking of moving to Tennessee, The Gatlinburg area to be precise. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. By the time I moved I will have Bachelors degree in business, and have worked for my dad in insurance and real estate, Is there any job market for something in the business field? Also how much is cost of living down there? I live in upstate New York now. And last but importantle hows the riding? Anything else you would like to add as well.

Thanks, Chris

We wear straw hats, cover-alls, and run around barefoot. The most expensive things down here are the politicians.

My family is from a place called Camp Swamp, Sc. So you could say Im country folks already, doesnt bother me at all, i actually prefer it.

There is some great riding in the NE TN area at a place called windrock. You pay an annual fee and ride till your blue in the face.

I am in the process of moving from the Raleigh, NC area to the Knoxville, Tn area. I have an offer on a house about 20 miles north of Knoxville right on Norris Lake. Would I be far from Windrock? Does anyone have any additional info on the area- the lake, hunting areas, etc...?

The north end of Windrock is right there near Lake City

Great Trails. www.windrockatv.com

There are good trails on royal blue west of Caryville as well. You are in some great riding area. I go there 5 to 6 times a year. :cry:

Hello,

I live in Oak Ridge, about 5 minutes from Windrock and an hour from Gatlinburg. There is plenty of riding here. Depending on wich side of Norris lake your going to you may be very close to a WMA called Royal Blue that you can ride in. Also, plenty of deer,turkey etc...

Welcome to Tn

I live about an hour from Gatlinburg in Jefferson City. The traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg can be brutal at times. There's lots of tourists. Being a tourist area, the economy is mostly retail and service driven. There are some places to ride off road but the true pearl of the area is Deal's Gap. If you ride on the street, it is one of the best roads in the world with 318 curves in 11 miles. Check out East Tennessee Riders for more information from local on and off road riders.

Thanks for all the replys guys. Is Coal Creek trail the one you are talking about? I was researching riding places and found that and it looked really great. Ive been to the area and love it, but I just worry about making a living, it a big change ya know. I have it pretty made here, I have my own small property business, and work in insurance at my dads company. If I thought I could make a go of it there Id be down within two years, what do you think. My dad also told me he would go half with me in a hotel/campground there, is that at all logical.

Again, thanks for all your help, its a big decision and would like to have as much info as possible.

P.S. Hows the hunting?

Thanks A lot, Chris