Sign in to follow this  

"S" Model IMS Footpegs - install

My feet seem to fly off the stock pegs quite easily, as if they've polished off all their grip. After beating through the search function, I'm leaning towards the IMS SS series replacement footpegs for my '02 "S". Sort of considered the Pro Series but a little worried about cutting up the bottoms of my boots.

I ride trails fairly aggressive but by no means a "race" pace. If you folks think I'm on the right track any recommendations as best place to purchase? I didn't see them listed in the TT Shop (first place of choice of course!!).

Also, are they a direct bolt on? I thought I once saw a post saying they need some mods to fit but now can't find it. The www.imsproducts.com web site doesn't list the DRZ in the application chart :cry:. Thanks, this should be pretty easy compared to all my other mods!!

Roscoe

Bought a pair of IMS Pro pegs om eBay for $69. Direct bolt-on. I had a little trouble hooking the springs over the slot in the peg, but install was easy. I don't think they will be too harsh on my boot sole.

My feet seem to fly off the stock pegs quite easily, as if they've polished off all their grip. After beating through the search function, I'm leaning towards the IMS SS series replacement footpegs for my '02 "S". Sort of considered the Pro Series but a little worried about cutting up the bottoms of my boots.

I ride trails fairly aggressive but by no means a "race" pace. If you folks think I'm on the right track any recommendations as best place to purchase? I didn't see them listed in the TT Shop (first place of choice of course!!).

Also, are they a direct bolt on? I thought I once saw a post saying they need some mods to fit but now can't find it. The www.imsproducts.com web site doesn't list the DRZ in the application chart :cry:. Thanks, this should be pretty easy compared to all my other mods!!

Roscoe

Could THIS be the post you are talking about ?

IMS had them in TITANIUM for the same price last year as the Stainless Steel ones are now $99 retail. Wish I had bought some then...Only other one that is TITANIUM now is I think by Pro Circuit and costs over $200...A little pricey for me for footpegs...Stock pegs really don't bother me though...But then again my shoe size is 9...

Alophind - That's the ticket!!! I remembered somebody went to a lot effort to help out regarding footpegs :cry:.

Thanks a bunch, time to order me up some pegs :cry:.

Roscoe