Sign in to follow this  

i gots a question for you xr 200 owners

im selling my wifes xr 200 a 1994 for 1500 obo, its in good shape with almost new tires, and a few other things new on it. is the 1500 a appropriate price or am i to high or low for its general value. just wondering.

ummm.. A friend of mine listed his 97 for 1700 I think and he got some calls. Try looking up the blue book value. If your wife didn't ride it too hard you shouldn't have a problem getting 1500.

I bought my 95 last year for around that price. It was an ex-wifey bike that had been previously listed for $1,700.00 in the local paper. As far as it's condition, considering it's age, I would say it was probably an 8.....Karl

yea it is in good condition it has i tear in the left rear bottom quater right on the corner of the seat, and the rear fender is cracked about 2 inches right deade center on the fender. those are the only 2 things other than paint wear ofcourse that are wrong with it. she rode it 3 times i think thats it i got it from a 60 year old man who also lost intrest in it. it sat in his barn for a year or 2 before he decided to clean out the barn. i put new progrip gel grips on it and seal savers, the tires are about as close to new as possible with out the little tits on them the tank isnt faded, and the graphics on the tank are great. it starts first kick every time. id keep it but it just wont perform to what i need. i used it a few time to wear out our doberman she loves to chase me on it so i would ride around the yard, thats what wore off the tit's on the tires. i though the 1500 is a fair price to but im not getting any bites at all on it anywere i have advertized it. it sounds like im right in the price range for it i wonder why nobody is evey calling on it.

It sounds like a good bike and you should have no prob selling it.

You might try putting it on eBAY, or Craigs' List to get better exposure.

Craigs' List is free and you can pick an area close to you or list it anywhere in the US.

Good luck!....Karl