Sign in to follow this  

JD jet kit & Scotts stabilizer review

I had an opportunity to ride with these two new mods on my 04 CRF450 today in the woods of Olympia, WA.

First, the JD kit is great! I had to mess with the air screw and idle a little and then the engine just ran crisp the rest of the day. I used the blue needle in 3rd position.

The bike just runs clean all the way through and the power is at your command at any RPM level. This is a great mod for $ 70. Thanks James for your help.

Scotts steering stabilizer also works great. I only rode for two hours and didn't have a chance to really go through all the adjustments. I noticed I was able to attack roots and rocks more head on and my arms and hands didn't get tired like they did before. Again a great addition.

Anyway, thanks to all the fellas at Thumpertalk. You never really get the chance to test out any of these mods, but the good people on this forum give unbiased reviews to help you make the right choice. This is a great forum!

Thanks

leave the scotts at factory settings except for the resistance knob with the pointer on it...dial that while you ride depending on terrain.