rmz back fire screen

I don't know about the RMZ/KXF back fire screens but I would deifatly just go buy a fire reistant one because that would be very hilarious and suck very bad if your bike cought on fire while you were riding just because you wanted better throttle response. ? Those bikes are sweet have fun

There are a few guys on the RMZ/KXF forum that are running with normal filters and no backfire screen. I haven't heard of any problems. I took mine out when I noticed how many layers of screen were in the back firescreen. Mine had three, I could not see through it (my YZ-450 has only one). I think it was quite restrictive. The bike runs great with it in place but I think it's better without it. Plus I can now see into the airboot and I don't get rim greese on the screen.

I got my RMZ back in January. I took the screen out and put in the twin air kit. I have been using the Standard NO-TOIL filters with their oil all season. Bike runs great! No backfire issues here. I have talked to several factory team mechanics, There isn,t a single bike at the National with a backfire screen in it, and most of them use standard filters. ?