Sign in to follow this  

Road in snow today

Was up on pennoock pass today, west of Ft, Collins Colorado (8,500 ft).

Got caught in some rain on a jeep road so pulled over under a big pine tree. It thundered a bit and then here came the snow. Glad it didn't last long.

It was about 50 degrees and I was wet and cold. Left my coat at the truck cause I thought I would be sweating.

I saw this coat at the bike shop. Can't remember the name but it was $139 and similar to a Joe Rocket style. Had built in shoulder, elbow and back bone hard pads. Was water resistant and removeable liner with all kinds of pockets and vent zippers.

I guess it would be instead of regular armor so a little tighter fit but at anyrate I would have gladly thrown down the plastic while on my ride today.

For some reason I stuck my fishing pole and a couple lures in my camelpack and found a sunny spot along the South pouder creek. Caught a nice little brook trout but let him go.

Still thinking about that jacket and woundering how much ridding time is left before the snow starts sticking. I guess it was more of a street jacket but would be great for dualsporting.

Anybody got recomendations for a good late season jacket?

I want some kind of safety gear for for the mixed ridding I do.

I have a Joe Rocket Meteor IV. Its not bad..about what you'd expect for $180. I wouldn't want to lay it down on the street wearing that but it's a lot better then a t-shirt. It works good off-road, aside from getting hot.