Sign in to follow this  

comparing 250 and 250f plz help

I am going to be selling my bike in about a year around the time the 06 models come out and I amd deciding on the 250s or 250fs. I heard from some ppl that the 250fs can run with the 250s but I asked the guy at Yamaha and he said the 250fs can't even compare with the 250s. I don't want to buy the 250f and expect it to be a huge power improvemt over my 125 and then be disapointed and a waste of money because it is only slightly faster. I weigh about 120 pounds and am about 6ft.I would be looking at all the 250fs and the YZ250 and SX250 Any help is appricated thanks

for a 4 stroke comparable to a 250 2 stroke you'll want a 450F

A 250F would be pretty comparable to your 125 2 stroke.

4 strokes need about twice as many revolutions to do the same thing a 2 stroke does, since twice the rev's isnt possible they make up for it with displacement.

In short if ya want YZ250 power in a 4 stroke, get a YZ450F :cry:

for a 4 stroke comparable to a 250 2 stroke you'll want a 450F

A 250F would be pretty comparable to your 125 2 stroke.

4 strokes need about twice as many revolutions to do the same thing a 2 stroke does, since twice the rev's isnt possible they make up for it with displacement.

In short if ya want YZ250 power in a 4 stroke, get a YZ450F :cry:

Ditto. Although you would be better of with a CRF450R :cry:

:cry:

I am able to ride much faster on my 250f than I ever could on a 125. The 250f just has power everywhere whereas the 125 needs to be screaming to get the power. Now that said, a GOOD rider on a 125 could easily smoke me on my 250f.

IMO, 125's are the hardest bikes to ride. I LOVE to ride 250 2strokes, as I think the power is much more linear, meaning, you don't have to be at the top of the pipe to get it to go fast. My next bike will most likely be a 250 2stroke with a FWW so I can lug around in the woods as well as scream on the track. If I could afford it, I'd have both.

I weigh about 120 pounds and am about 6ft

-at 120 lbs., a 250f will haul you like you're not

even on it... :cry:

Thanks guys. I think a 450 is a little overkill for me. My dad has an 04 CRF450 but it is a little hard to pick up and start. So do you think if I got the 250f I would be happy and it would be faster than my 125 or would I be mad and should have got the 250

If you like 2-strokes and really want a power increase over your 125, get a new YZ250 with the aluminum frame. It's light and has gobs of power. You will not be disappointed :cry:

i got a yz125 and i love it, i'm 130lbs and pretty much stock, with a v-force for now (stock pipe even!)

the 125 still hauls ass and it make me to ride it at 100% in order to go fast, i rode a 400cc thumper before i wasn't nearly as fast as i was on a 125

125 will keep ya focus, 250, ya gotta respect the bike.

take ya choice :cry:

Thanks guys. I think a 450 is a little overkill for me. My dad has an 04 CRF450 but it is a little hard to pick up and start. So do you think if I got the 250f I would be happy and it would be faster than my 125 or would I be mad and should have got the 250

A 250f will certainly be faster than a 125... why do you think the 125 classes are DOMINATED by the 4-strokes? :cry:

But if you want SCREAMING butt-kicking power with that narly power-band kick... go for a 250!

I started with a 125, tried a 250 for a while and it was just too much for me, and went with a 250f... but, I'm more used to 4-strokes than 2-smokers as I've ridden street way longer than dirt, and I'm female so liked the lighter weight of the 250fs... your size, a 250f will pull you around with NO problem, btw!

:cry:

I have a 450F. I have spent a few hours on the 250f. I feel quicker in the whoops on the 250F and can get set up better coming out of the turns. I like the 250 F. If you feel the 450 is too much, get the 250 and get it worked on a little. PLUS the 250F DOES NOT have the HEADSHAKE like the 450F does.

YZ....All the way :cry:...spend a little time mixing oil&gas....then go roost :lol:.."F" modles=..jetting probs,starting probs,stalling probs.....YADA..YADA..YADA.... :cry: :cry:... :lol:.....plus that,Two-strokes sound COOLER! :cry::lol::cry:...IMO :lol: :lol:

"F" modles=..jetting probs,starting probs,stalling probs.....YADA..YADA..YADA....

What you been smokin'? My 250f doesn't have any of that! :cry:

If I were you, I'd probably go with the YZ250 since you said in your signature that your YZ125 is a "desert bike." The 2005 YZ250 has TONS of power and is an absolute thrill to ride. I've never ridden anything like it. :cry:

"F" modles=..jetting probs,starting probs,stalling probs.....YADA..YADA..YADA....

What you been smokin'? My 250f doesn't have any of that! :cry:

I dont smoke jr.!!...I would not have posted if I did not experience any of those problems.. :cry:..DUHHH!!..and its not only "ME"......what have you been smokin??... :cry:..PA....LEEEEEEZE!

i have never had any problems with my 250f! always starts and i never stall it! it is jetted a little lean from the dealership but that can be changed! A 250 2 smoke is a fast bike, especially the YZ's. you wont be disapointed if you get one. As for the 250f they are really nice bikes too it just wouldnt compete against a 250 unless a pro is riding the 250f and a guy new to dirtbikes is riding a 250 :cry: