Sign in to follow this  

05 450 ride report!!!!

O.K... Here it is.....the 05 crf450r ride report. I picked up my bike last night and posted an initial report last night. First thing I noticed was how narrow it felt compared to what I remembered my 03 was like. I noticed that the header stuck out more than in previous years and the plastic engine guards (2 sides on 450, 1 side on 250) are extremely thin and flimsy compared to the 02-04 models.

So I get to Star West this morning and set the bike up Sag, levers and bars. A friend of mine brought his 03 crf 450 out

with stock suspension as a comparison. My 05 felt taller in comparison. I know that the suspension will have to break in and will settle in probably in a few rides, but back to back testing there is definately a MAJOR improvement in suspension over the o3. The motor was very crisp and had ZERO BOG!!!. The motor was very strong and smooth, and didn't have any weak points and was much stronger feeling throughout the powerband especially down low. The bikes turning was awesome. It rode through the ruts in the turns with ease and picking lines was easy. It definately is not as light as a 250f, but it is awesome and can be easily whipped in air. Anyway, my overall impression and my friends impressions are that the bike is awesome. When I let my friend ride the 05, He loved it and said that he felt confident right off the bat. He is a vet expert. He is waiting for round two's shipment of bikes for his o5. He didn't want to ride his 03 anymore after riding the 05, and after riding the 05 and then his 03, It only took a couple of turns and I was dying to ride mine again. I had to practically stand in the middle of the track to get him off mine, it really is that much better. In all, it is worth the wait for those of you who are wondering, and still waiting for yours. Erik

I hate you Eric! :cry:

Dont hate me, ;)Believe me, I paid dearly :cry: to get mine early. :cry:

I just switched to tapered bars and put my numbers and backgrounds on last night, and now it just looks like all the crf250's at the track. Amazingly, nobody really noticed it was the 450, I guess people dont realize that the first ones are out yet. I just talked to my friend who does the bike testing and shootouts for dirtrider, and mxa, and some other mags, (local vet pro Craig Davis) and he said for sure the Honda is the best bike out this year. He said that the suspension and motor are very similar to last year with minor tweeks, but handling and ergo's (more compact)and the overall package make it that much better than last year. He said that they haven't tested the Suzuki 450f yet, but that they would have to hit a Home-run with it just to be in the same league with the Honda. He said the Yamaha was not as good as the Honda. (dont flame me, I'm just the messenger). All of the sudden I'm getting calls from "friends" :moon:that want to go riding with me this week. Go figure, Huh :cry:.