Sign in to follow this  

i think its called bogging ??

Hello all first i would like to say i know nothing about motorbikes apart from how to ride 1 (well if u can call it that)anyway,i did the 3"*3" air box mod ,drilled the exhaust,and fitter an icat,but now im getting an off idle bog that seems to go away when im moving and only seems apparent when stood or in first gear.how easy or hard is it for a complete novice to take off the carb to turn the fuel screw out or rejet ??? any help will be great .thx matt.

I've been wrenching on bikes for years and once worked in a shop as a pro wrench. IMO, the issue isn't if you are a newbie to bikes, but your general mechanical skills, whether you own the tools needed to do the job and if you know how to use them. I think R&R of the carb and a re-jet is straightforward, but it may cause some a lot of grief.

Mechanics is a funny thing. My late wife once decided to do a de-carbonization to her BMW. She got it all apart, the heads off and did the job, but then went into complete meltdown when it came to getting the valve train re-assembled. She just couldn't visualize how the parts went together.

I figure give it a shot, but it'd be better if you had a buddy who could 100% do the work standing by to step in. You could aways truck it to a shop if you screwed up, but that's embarassing.

not sure if it was re jetted to be honest the 3*3 was done when i bought it but at the time didnt notice the bogging if it was there ,the guy i got it off was a bike mechanic so i would of thought he would of rejetted but who knows. if i cover the air box back as it was should the bogging

stop ??and if it dose ,dose that mean it wants rejetting ??

at the minuit is it getting to much air to fuel ??.im thinking of getting a new exhaust maybe a fmf q pipe if i do will it need rejetting anyway ???

thx for all the replies matt.

get the pipe then rejet i could never get rid of my bog with the stock exhaust. Of course lots of people did but i tried every concievable adjustment with the 3x3 hole,dj needle/spring,stock exhaust at sea level except changing from the 140 main

thx for the replies i jumped in at the deep end and took the carb off changed screw to 2.5 turns out and seems loads better still a slight bogging but can live with that (dont want the bog to move somewhere else) thx again.