Sign in to follow this  

What do get for xmas for the bike?

Well i was planning on getting money to buy a bike, but now i dont have to do that, and i was wondering what to ask for from my father for xmas(my mother bought the bike). I dont know what i should look into for the bike, the utah skidplate definately, but im not sure what else? btw this is a 2004 xr250

Should have:

HONDA Service Manual (Honda, not off brand)

Skid plate

Acerbis Rally handguards (or another brand of wrap around handguards)

UniFilter

Riding gear!

Nice to have:

Acerbis front disc/fork guard

Larger main jet for Gordon's mods

97 spark arrestor / Baja Designs Vortip.

Frame guards

Re-valve forks and shock to suit your riding.

I already am getting the service manual, i like the stock bark busters better than the other ones, i already have the 135 main jet, and im removing the baffle, so i dont need another spark arrestor. Where could i get the suspension done, and i dont know anything about that how would i detmermine what i need done? i already have all the gear you can think of. What site would i be able to look at for frame guards and front fork guards?

Get some folding levers, if you dont get real barkbusters. The stockers will NOT protect the levers the least bit in a crash, and riding without a clutch and/or a brake lever really sucks. Trust me.

The Acerbis style wrap around handguards do a few things the stock ones don't do.

1) Prevent broken levers

2) Won't fold back when you smack a tree.

3) Because they are wider at the ends, the bars slide and don't dig in when crashing.

I don't have frame guards on my XR400, so I'll be looking for touch up paint eventually. Devol makes metal ones. Acerbis makes plastic.

Check out the ThumperTalk store.

Do a bit of riding to figure out what you do and don't like about the suspension. Also, this will help you decide what kind of riding you like to do. What works for SX is way different than what works for Enduro.

Put your location in your profile. It will help us to know your location. What is needed for a Nevada rider is different from someone in Georgia.

Gordon mods with the uni filter, maybe a new pipe, lever and hand saving handgaurds, suspension mods, bigger footpegs, skidplate, that's my short list. :cry:

My short List:

Uni Filter

IMS Pro Series pegs

Utah Skid Plate

Bark Buster’s

After the Gordon Mods, the Uni Filter is a major key to the reason why you spent the time. Overall the best comfort mod is the IMS pegs. The skid plate…just makes sense. Bark Buster’s, have you ever had your finger/s smashed?

I think I had my bike for about a week (with one ride) and placed a $500.00 order. Money well spent with no regrets. Also, something to make life easier, I purchased a FMF lift stand: also well worth the money. The better you get the further you’ll ride and that will be another list to compile.

Weimer

Recommend Rocky Mountain MC for the gear.

Dude that's Easy!!!!!

Edlebrock Carb..... Not cheep... but well worth the investment... no jetting.... no hard starting...

I cant tell you how many times that carb has made me grin...

Outside of the nice little gain in HP she runs and runs and runs...I have slid rider first down a # of hills bike almost upside down... .... putt putt putt putt putt...

Just like that goofy bunny with the drum!!!! :cry: