Sign in to follow this  

Throttle binding on new Grips w/ Bark Busters. Fix?

This is my 1st Dirtbike. Its a used 2003 WR250F. I just put new grips on it, and when I bolt up the bark busters it binds on the grip for the throttle. So...

I got out the old razor blade and started trimming the end of the grip to try and remedy the situation. I did, but now there is some access to the throttle assembly and I'm afraid dirt will get in there.

Looks like I need to get another pair of grips.

How have you guys fixed this?

it's one or the other, They will bind if you don't trim them and wait until the bike falls on the throttle side and pushes the end in even further into the throttle. I trim the grip and then I cut the end of the throttle tube so it's flush with the bar so now when the bike hits the ground on the throttle side I'm not stuck with fixing it out on the trail. Also I really don't think dirt is going to get in there enough to mess anything up.

Yup, you have to trim the grips, and the throttle tube. We have never had a problem with dirt getting in there. It's always good to routinely inspect things before they ever become a problem. :cry:

You also have the option of loosening the throttle housing screws and repositioning the whole assy. on the bars.

On my CRF the throttle tube still had to be cut, because it folds over the end of the bar.