Sign in to follow this  

maintenance cr450f

God willing, I'll be getting an CR450F 05 next week,it's payed and I got on the list back in June.

Just wanted to know how many of you perform your own maintenance on these machines, check rings, adj. valves, etc., I know clean oil and filter a must, I'm talken machanics. Tools needed? torch rench, others? thanks, a new-be

Yup. A torch rench for sure. :cry:

You need the fork cap rench so you can work on the forks. Yuu can get those off ebay.

You also need a 1 1/4" socket for the rear axle nut (or maybe the steering head - I forget).

Tourqe wrench...meh, i only use mine for like head bolts n stuff, for guestimating how tight something needs to be look at the size of the head, usualy a decent indication.

fork cap wrench for shizzle :cry:

T handle metrics for plastics, make sure u only use one hand with these: easy to generate a lot of tourqe

32mm for the rear axel, with a CRF you will be changing a lot of tires, sprockets, and chains :cry:

Billy who man funnel....get one of these and never look back they are a life saver, do not question it, be sure and clean teh surface with carb cleaner well before sticking on the lil foam.

Oh and get a Billy Who man funnel those work REALLY well for the weird oil changes on the CRF

Did i mention you should try n pick up a billy who man funnel cus they KICK A$$

:cry:

good luck with the new scooter

used a torch wrench once to remove my gas tank....man...shoulda seen me runnin down the street hair all on fire....priceless...

:cry: