Flywheel Puller

First, let me say your dealer is a moron. He should be able to round up a puller from Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, or other sources within only a couple of days.

The puller for the YZ/WR250 is the very common flywheel puller which fits many Kaw/Hon/Yam/etc models from about 1847 up to today.

You should be able to order one from many online sources which I would expect should have one in stock. Try places like Mr X, Bobs Cycle, etc. You'll have to hunt down their websites from Dirt Rider.

The WR does indeed have a diff flywheel, and I have not personally removed a WR flywheel, but I would be surprised if the puller was different than the YZ. Yamaha has been using the same dimensions for their flywheel puller for almost ever. My one puller has pulled flywheels off YZs, CRs, RMs, PEs, KDXes, WR200, ITs, and so on.

Of course, the Red Beer Can CRF250 has some funky different thing. ?

ZipTy does have one, btw.

the wr250/450 uses a different flyweel puller than a yz. your dealer should even be able to order one from yamaha or k&l, etc. i am a mechanic at a yamaha dealership and have changed several wr450 flywheel keys on 03s because of them shearing and several customers have pullers for themselves.

OK, NOW I'm confused. I talked to a VERY experienced buddy last night, and mentioned this flywheel puller. He personally has removed the flywheel off a 01 WR250F with the very same flywheel puller which he has used for many years. He has owned that same FW puller for over 15 yrs and has pulled off MANY different FWs, bikes include- YZs, KX65, KDX, RM125, ITs, WR200, and so on.

In all due respect, guys, something sounds REALLY strange about the need for different FW pullers for these two very similar bikes. Is the dealer simply selling two different p/n flywheel pullers which are actually interchangeable?

keep in mind that 03-04 wr are different also,the 04 is 33mm 1.5 RH and the 03 is smaller i know this because i borrowed one for an 03 and it was wrong and finding one was quite difficult(yam-K&L is backordered until mid oct)so i searched the world over and found one for a suzuki 600 street bike that fit. ? the 01 wr250 may have a more generic setup

• 9 months later...
keep in mind that 03-04 wr are different also,the 04 is 33mm 1.5 RH and the 03 is smaller i know this because i borrowed one for an 03 and it was wrong and finding one was quite difficult(yam-K&L is backordered until mid oct)so i searched the world over and found one for a suzuki 600 street bike that fit. :applause: the 01 wr250 may have a more generic setup

How much did you pay for the flywheel puller for the 2004 WR250F? I can't find one for under $53.00!!!!!!!!

Yeah ... the YZ pullers are a dime a dozen. The WR flywheel (2004 models at least) are different. The threads are on the OUTSIDE of the flywheel hub so the puller needs to be bigger. I just didn't expect it to be $53!!!! That's crazy!!!!

Yeah ... the YZ pullers are a dime a dozen. The WR flywheel (2004 models at least) are different. The threads are on the OUTSIDE of the flywheel hub so the puller needs to be bigger. I just didn't expect it to be $53!!!! That's crazy!!!!

i think it was around $35 i got mine thru chuck steahly :applause:

Gray,

The best the TT store could do for me was $53.00 for the Dennis Stubblefield puller from Parts Unlimited (pn 3802-0005)

NCMM,

I called Steahly, too ... Chuck is "out" until the 15th and the person I spoke to said they don't carry that puller.

The *BEST* I've been able to find is $45.00 from ntyamaha.com and I have to order it through their parts department. I've never paid over $15.00 for a flywheel puller; this SUCKS!

Perhaps someone out there will rent one to me for a few weeks? I just need to get the friggin flywheel off so I can split my case so I can find out what is *really* wrong with my bike.

If you can get the thread size, you may be able to do better from the TT store (or elsewhere). They have, for example a K&N puller for a 30mm x 1.5 external thread for $38. Unfortunately, yours is a unique, or nearly unique puller thread, unlike the YZF. It's simply a matter of supply and demand.

I'm fully aware of the economics of it. It's a 33mm x 1.5 RH to fit external threads. I've searched high and low and can find it, but not for a price I'm willing to pay. Hopefully, a fellow TT'er will answer my "rental" request or be kind enough to let me borrow it if I pay for all the shipping costs.

I'm fully aware of the economics of it. It's a 33mm x 1.5 RH to fit external threads. I've searched high and low and can find it, but not for a price I'm willing to pay. Hopefully, a fellow TT'er will answer my "rental" request or be kind enough to let me borrow it if I pay for all the shipping costs.

33x1.5 rh ext. is the same as my 04 wr450,send me $20 and you can have it,i'm selling the wr anyhow :applause: