Sign in to follow this  

##vote## help me pick a bike

right its gonna have to go to a vote, i also trying to get an unbiased opinion if possible as it seems that the forum you look in is the bike of choice for that room.

anyway lets get to it:

i've had my crf450 (03) from new and used to ride just trails and the odd enduro/hare scramble.

then i tried a few mx races and didnt do to bad, but due to previous back injury i'm not going to risk getting smashed up again.

so now i've decided to stick to enduro's and hare scrambles and practice tracks. the 450 is up for sale coz its just to big for me, i'm always fighting the power and the weight tires me out quickly.

also i'm fed up the valve problems, it seems that i work on the bike more than i ride it.

what i need is a bike that is good for hare scambles and the practice track, is lighter than the 450, a bit less powerful, and something i aint gonna be stripping down every 5 minutes.

i had a go of my mate yz250 and didnt really get on with it, after 2 laps i was knackered and kept exiting the corners in too higher gear. but i'm sure i'd get used to it with some ride time.

i also had a go of a rmz250 which i was very impressed with, tho the seat hight was higher than my crf and the kickstarter was much to high for my hight (5'10").

so what do you think? post your vote below.

cheers.

i think ill stick to a 4t as the power is more predictable, and coming off a 450 to a 250 i should be flying on it. <font class="small">Code:<hr /><pre> </pre><hr />

My last 3

KTM520

KTM300

Husaberg501

All very exciting bikes

Now the CRF250X and I have never gone so fast, for so long, with such a smile.

The only sad thing is thinking I will never buy a big bore again... I'll get over it... There I'm feeling better already

Although I'm a Honda rider, I have to recommend the KTM 300EXC. It's a 2stroke but it rides like a 4stroke. The power is very tractable and it's simply fast as hell. If I were an enduro/HS rider, that would be the bike for me. It's been almost 3 months since I rode it last and I still can't get over how smooth and fast those bikes are. Just insane! Get one, you won't be sorry.

"Knackered", that's great! I'm gonna have to remember that one. "Sorry guys, I can't ride, I'm too knackered".

hi from another local i have a crf250 and i cannot fault it and has loads of power plus i have been on a 450 lots and it isa lot heavier than my bike which you can throw around like a 125 easy. :cry:

CRF250X, it's a great bike. It is equally at home climbing up the Brecon Beacons and general trail riding as it is in Enduros and H&H type events.

If you fancy a trip down the M4, you can try mine. :cry:

i had a look at a crfx at my dealers 2day, i does look nice. lighter than my 450 and its got that magic button.

but what will it be like messing about on the mx track?

i need to have a go of one to see for myself. where bouts are you 'fallsofalot'?

are there mods to free the crfx power as i spose its been tamed down for green sticker reasons.

if it aint a crfx i may try the 05 rmz250, the dealer said they have sorted the first year issues out.

also is there as much problem with the crfx valves? one of the main reasons for getting rid of my 450 is coz of the valves waving to be shimmed every time i sit on the bike.