Sign in to follow this  

##vote## help me pick a bike

right its gonna have to go to a vote, i also trying to get an unbiased opinion if possible as it seems that the forum you look in is the bike of choice for that room.

anyway lets get to it:

i've had my crf450 (03) from new and used to ride just trails and the odd enduro/hare scramble.

then i tried a few mx races and didnt do to bad, but due to previous back injury i'm not going to risk getting smashed up again.

so now i've decided to stick to enduro's and hare scrambles and practice tracks. the 450 is up for sale coz its just to big for me, i'm always fighting the power and the weight tires me out quickly.

also i'm fed up the valve problems, it seems that i work on the bike more than i ride it.

what i need is a bike that is good for hare scambles and the practice track, is lighter than the 450, a bit less powerful, and something i aint gonna be stripping down every 5 minutes.

i had a go of my mate yz250 and didnt really get on with it, after 2 laps i was knackered and kept exiting the corners in too higher gear. but i'm sure i'd get used to it with some ride time.

i also had a go of a rmz250 which i was very impressed with, tho the seat hight was higher than my crf and the kickstarter was much to high for my hight (5'10").

so what do you think? post your vote below.

cheers.

yeh i'm thinking that now aswell

but do i go for a yzf250 or a yz125?

From experience on both bikes i liked my stock 250F over my mod 125 and my 125 was bored and what not. I would say whatever you feel better on.

Coming off a CRF450, you will not be happy with a yZ125 IMHO. Go with the YZ250F.

I just bought a 2002 yz250f, I had been riding a two stroke 250 YZ, and I love it...granted, it is no 2 stroke 250 in the straights, but it corners like a dream and I love to pull it hard for more, jumps very easily, my first night out I was clearing tabletops that I couldn't clear on my other one, not because of power but because of comfort...my rating, 10, I love it...go YZ!

I am familiar with the RM ergonomics, I don't like them either, sits to high, the YZ is very comfortable!

New WR 250F if you're riding a lot of woods.

The new 2005 YZ 250 two-strokes are great, but I'd still go with the 250F....