Sign in to follow this  

125L jetting

what size main jet would you guys suggest for a 125L with the snorkel removed?? they one i have now starves it at WOT think but i dont yet have the snorkel removed.

just get a 107.5 110 and if you want 1 step larger. they are real cheap and easy to put in. play with it. Dont forget the needle setting. I had to set mine to the richest setting to stop the bog off idle.

y do i need a bigger pilot i thought that was for 1/4 throttle problems?? mine running fine everywere else i think no bogging but she just cuts out at WOT like its not getting enough gas? is the pilot whats responsible for the sorta studder in the throttle at idle then crack it? i think im changing up my sprckets becuz it doesnt quite have the top end id like plenty of bottom for haulling up steep hill,doesnt even bogg in 2nd up a super steep incline

I started by playing with the snorkel/screen/exhaust washer mods, and a "holesaw job" on the top of the airbox of my 2003 TT-R 125 LE. I then changed the main to a 110 (leaving the pilot alone). Bike ran much better at full throttle, but still seemed a little starved on the top end. Switched to the 112.5 main. Even better, but still a little dry on top. Switched to the 115 main, now we're talking! Then played with the pilots. Tried a 117.5. Better throttle response. Tried the 120. Even better, but I sensed that I had hit the limit (idle was strange, and bike was a little "gassy smelling" after running for a few minutes. This was at sea level. When riding this weekend at 4000 feet above sea level, the bike really had trouble idling, especially at low RPMs down a steep hill?. I am starting to think that the ideal combo for low to moderate elevation is the 115 main with the 117.5 pilot.

Just replaced the stock bars (W/aluminum ones) and the stock tires (with Michelins).

Also just ordered the heavy BBR rear spring and the tall seat foam. I am 6' and 240 lbs., so I need all the elevation and support that I can get.

Save the flames. . . I know that this is a chick bike, but it was at a price that I could not pass up and, besides, I just want to putt around on trails with my kid on his XR50. I am actually surprised how good the TT-R is for a big rider. Laugh all you want, I like it!

thanks vomit. sounds like you have the idea. im going to order a heavy rear spring and change the front shock oil to help stiffen it up. i myself am quite a large rider for the ttr all 6'1" 120lbs of me! but i like the jumping and hard trail riding. i should be ok going with the 115 main with just the snorkel mod right? ill probally add a new exhaust tip also so should i go even higher?

ill probally add a new exhaust tip also so should i go even higher?

I would say change the tip and see how it runs and then decide if you need to go larger. It wouldn't hurt to have several sizes handy and just try them out and see which runs best.

Trial and error seems to be the best method.

I dont have my bike at this time (really long story) but if all I do for awhile is leave it stock should I still re-jet the carb. The folks arent to thrilled with my plans for my bike like a carb re-jet. :cry:

mine is stock with no mods and it needs re jetted so the answer is yes do it. its not that hard of a job really. you can tell a big difference . a lot easier starting and no cutting out at wot. i love it

I would say it depends on how the bike is running. I rejetted ours because it was hard to start, warmed up slower than a red headed cheerleader, and fell flat on it's face in the upper rpms under hard acceleration, and we had popping on decel.

All of those are symptoms of improper jetting. It runs great now.

Thanks! I' gonna show this post to the folk cuz my bike is really slow warming up. Maybe showing them this forum they will see the light. :cry: