Sign in to follow this  

Yerington Nevada???

Besides BigBob whose opinion of riding in Nevada are legendary, who can tell me about riding in Yerington. I am going there with a group next week and am interested in what is in store for me.

Is the riding fast :cry:? slow :cry:? scenic? :cry: fun :cry:?

I will be there no matter what, but am curious and interested in what I will find when I get there.

Thanks

Depends on where you go. we just did a MRRAN race there last sunday it was great. lots of fast washes.Rocky up hills. Single track lots of sand. M 12 on the rear 755f up front.lean back and enjoy the ride :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: Good Time!

Make sure you get to Mt. Patterson (11,000 ft.) and the water crossings at the Riscue Canyon! :cry: (There's about 8, each about knee deep) Just follow the road, you can't miss them! Hehehehe :cry:

Bring LOTS OF WATER on your ride, Matches, and a GPS if you have one. That place is HUGE!!!! very easy to get lost! :cry:

The little red and white Mexican restaurant in town is also very good. Very small but the food is excellent! :cry:

It's a large expanse of nothing..with a few hills scattered amongst the distances.... the carpet of nothing goes up one side of each hill and down the other dsappearing away from the face of earth itself. I'm not making fun, just advising make sure you ride with someone who knows the area and don't ride far beyond tbat person's previous ride experience. It's very easy to go too far out there and lose your sense of direction back to where you staged at. People have been known to spend the night in the desert out there because they lost their way.

let us know how your ride goes and your opinion of that lovely garden spot. Just think of the opening scenes of Star Wars... you can be Luke speeding along in your speedo lost on a nothing planet pissed off that you have to go back soon and do your chores, never seeing a woman or ever tasting a cold beer, lost on a giant dirt ball sand lot planet masquerading as a destination, when all there really is out there are sun beetles, atomic mutants and some space junkers ignorant of time and your measly existance.

Go ahead go to Yearington, Nevada. Have a ball. :cry:

Besides BigBob whose opinion of riding in Nevada are legendary,......

....and obviously he'll give you that opinion at any oportunity! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::lol: :lol:

Yearington is the pit, the absolute center of that black hole sun state. Even the donkeys don't go there.

Some of my favorite rides have been in Smith Valley/Wilson Canyon... I don't know if you can ride there anymore so if you're going to actual Yerington, I don't know, the terrain is probably the same..big desert, fast, sand washes, hillls... Have fun. I agree, the Mexican restaurant is probably the ONLY good place to eat...

Wilson canyon south of the Walker river is cool. Not sure if its still open? Its rocky but fun and very pretty IMO. Yerrington is just another Basin town with a pit mine. 35 miles to the south VIA fast road there is single track going into the mountians to the east. Kinda east of Wilson. Wherever you go out there bring LOTS of gas and a GPS.

poor gordie... he comes in here looking for some good TTer advice, specifically stating that advice from me is not wanted and look what happens... His post and yes Nevada itself stuck like old gum on my SW forum boots.

maybe you guys ought to organize a TT ride in the silver state...show the boys back east you really care. You can call it " TT night of the living dead" or "TT goes to the desert and finds nothing" :cry:

I know... write a bestseller.. "me and My hornytoad...the story on the lone dirt biker" :cry:

I take it skippy dont like Nevada :cry:

How you feel about snow, I thnk Bobs new name should be SnowboundBob or NevadaBob or SnowBoundNevadaBob

Me I like Skippy :cry: :cry: :cry:

I take it skippy dont like Nevada :cry:

How you feel about snow, I thnk Bobs new name should be SnowboundBob or NevadaBob or SnowBoundNevadaBob

Me I like Skippy :lol: :lol: :cry:

Being this is "his" Southwest forum... would that make him Top Skippy? :cry: :cry: :cry: J/K

Fryboy

:cry: The BEST line I've ever seen about our beloved state of Nevada was:

no self respecting California squirrel would waste his time taking a crap on that trail.

Only our "leader" could get away with that! :cry::cry: :cry:

I can see why SnowBoundNevadaSkippyBob

dont liek it there its too crowded, no Mcdonalds and there is dirt

Eeeewwwwwwwwww :cry:

There ain't no dirt there, take another look. It's the back lot carcass landscape from some B movie....like spoiled ranch dressing gone too long on a bed of old lettuce, looks like heal cracks on some old woman's feet to me. :cry:

As far as riding goes, Yerington isnt that great, but there is thousands of old mines out there that are very fun to go inside and explore.

Don't listen to BigBob. He rode in Yernington and his guide obviously took him to some crappy places. Yerington is not the best part of Nevada, but you will have fun if there person you are with knows some good riding out there. It will probably be dusty this time of year unless it rains, so plan to stay back from the guy in front of you a hundred feet or so and you will be fine.