Sign in to follow this  

superman

well, yesterday i finally tried no footers and no handers and found out they're pretty easy...and it seems like when i do no footers it would be easy to kick my legs back and do a superman.

Is there anything I should watch with the weight shift, and does anyone have any good tips? appreciate it..

I dont no much about tricks but i saw these guys trying to do supermans the other day. They started doing no footers and slowly moving their feet back a little more each jump.

by the end of the day thay were dead straight supermans.

i guess the only thing really to becareful of is your jump. Make sure you know the jump, you have good air manurism(sp) and that you have plenty of time. Ive seen a few people freeze in the air, it doesnt end well. be good at finding the pegs also.

good luck,

This sounds like a one way ticket to plaster city. Those guys you see doing that stuff on TV practice by landing in foam pits. They make it look easy because they've done it over and over into the pit where risk of injury is far less. One mistake while you're learning and your best outcome is 6 weeks in a cast. I'd say the worst outcome would be a life sentence in a wheel chair. THINK about it and decide if you can handle it, because it's definitely possible.

Read oldnbold's post in this thread for an eye-witness account.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1382183/page/2/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Keep in mind that all the 1st generation freestylers didn't have foam pits to work with. But what they did have was tons and tons of racing and riding experience. I heard Travis Pastrana once say that he thought it was funny to watch these freestylers hitting these same jumps as him and then watch as they had a hard time just riding aropund the course. No basic bike skills. Even Brian Deegan raced and won a supercross or two. I think he even beat RC at one point. So I guess my point is get good on the bike and be more comfortable than you think you need to be if you want to try that stuff.

Also, when I try stuff like no footers and no handers and can-cans and stuff I pick a jump and jump it over and over. Then once I'm comfortable I'll tell myself as I'm going over the jump, "Loosen the grip on the bars." Then once that is comfortable I'll move to, "losen grip and lift hands a little." Then, "loosen grip, lift hands up in the air." Eventually I start doing no handed back filps and I'm surrounded by beautiful women who all want to "be" with me. Well, at least I did a no hander anyways. Good luck and be comfortable. Theres nothing like a fun trip to the hospital, you know.

Did any of you see the picture of Adams (I think it was Adams) doing a superman backflip in the latest (and last) issue of MxRacer? How is that even possible? Man, that is talent. The pic shows him layed out in a superman UPSIDE DOWN.

gradually moving my feet back sounds like the best idea..thanks for the advice

and i would have posted in an fmx forum if there were one

aand barton, im not scared to break a bone :cry:

i think its pretty unlikely im going to hurt myself seriously enough to make me have to think about doing it again either. im not airing 50 foot here or nothin like that, its a little 25 foot tabletop that i romp.

Just make sure you've updated the medical insurance and last will and testament papers. Feel free to include your fellow thumpers. We will make sure you have great ceremony.

(preload for hang time and watch snagging the boots. You'll know when your boots hit the rear tire and then you'll really know it's best to not hit the rear tire or get snagged.)

I HOPE you don't even get a scratch. :cry:

But if I was bettin', I know where my money would be. You only have to screw up once.

Take it slow, and make sure you master each stage before moving on to the next. Good luck man.

gradually moving my feet back sounds like the best idea..thanks for the advice

and i would have posted in an fmx forum if there were one

aand barton, im not scared to break a bone :cry:

i think its pretty unlikely im going to hurt myself seriously enough to make me have to think about doing it again either. im not airing 50 foot here or nothin like that, its a little 25 foot tabletop that i romp.

You will need a bigger tabletop than 25' to do a superman. :cry: