Sign in to follow this  

trail techs?

WEll i just ordered my trail tech speedometer off ebay. Only $66.99 shipped.

My question is anyone own one of these? how is it when it comes to water? i dropped my bike in a river once trying to cross it...not drowned the bike just went, hit a rock and fell over...entire bike underwater. Will that hurt the trail tech if i accidently do it again?

the thing i really wanted it for is the odometer. You cant see [@#$%&*!] in this gas tank to tell if its half full, 1/4 full or empty. I always think, "oh [@#$%&*!] im empty" go fill up and i only use about 0.7 gallons. :cry:

The Trail Tech computers don't like water. A sprinkle of rain shouldn't be a problem, but if you get them really wet they go birsirk until they dry out again. I haven't had one completely die, but they do loose their readings when wet - the display goes all goofy. I now take mine off before I wash the bike.

my dad runs one on his 230 and i have one but it isnt installed for my bike his has had no problems. it was kinda difficult to figure out how to program but its good now.

Trail Techs are great. Mine has never been submerged but has gotten plenty wet. It does go a little nutty after a good hosing down but comes back to life after it dries. I had my bike / Trail Tec in the back of my pickup during a very heavy rain storm doing 70 on the freeway for over an hour with no problems after. Greatest customer support also. :cry:

Check out this review - pretty neat product for fuel level.LINK

Hope this helps

i realy don't understand how those balls work??? cause wouldn't they not be able to get past the the fuel stem thing, or do they inflate when they hit a certain chemical in gas???? :cry::cry:

Simple... the balls float in the gas are are white in color and can easily be seen when you remove the filler cap and look in. They also help prevent overfilling because you can see the balls rise with the gas level.

Hope this explains it :cry: :cry:

Simple... the balls float in the gas are are white in color and can easily be seen when you remove the filler cap and look in. They also help prevent overfilling because you can see the balls rise with the gas level.

Hope this explains it :cry: :cry:

I think those balls are for tanks that you can almost see the bottom.

These tanks are way different. You only have a half inch gap or so from the filler neck to the tank. The gas tank sits so low to the frame.

The balls wouldn't work. If you cant see near the bottom, you can't see the balls :cry:

also how would you get the ball in our tank? dont our tanks have that clear thing going across the top? well not the top but the botton of the neck.