Sign in to follow this  

Tire question

Is the street conversion the same as off road when using the inch system? meaning is a 120/90 tire the same as a 4.50/4.75? im just looking through my tire options now and dont want to order something too wide. also what about running a 120/100 x18 I cant see any harm in a bit taller tire. no clearance issues anyways.

thanks

i just read through a few tire posts and it seems you guys hate the trak master 2 up front, is this true? I was one click away from buying a set. It seems it washes out really bad. Worse then the deathwings?

ive got it down to 2 sets that fall in the price i can drop right now. either a set of pirelli mt21s or a set of kenda k760 trak masters. I have found mixed opinions on here from both of them. some say great tire, some say front washes out(on both of them) I put alot of street miles on my bike, but i ride hard off road usually every weekend. im looking at 74 for a set of kendas and 86 for a set of mt21s. I ride alot of muddy stuff and my death wings do alright if i perpare myself. I need better traction in the corners mainly, using berms with the death wings is no problems. steep wet uphills are the only thing i havent been able to tackle so far.

any suggestions.

thanks

wow if you can ride deathwings in the mud either tire will work good but the track master is better in the mud than the mt21. I seriously had an easier time on snow and ice than i did mud with the deathwings.