Sign in to follow this  

DRZ110 and Cracked Case

My son's bike has had a slow drip of oil from the bottom of his engine. I thought it was the crush washer on the drain bolt (didnt change it last oil change). I took off the engine guard to take a closer look, and it appears there are about 4-6 small hairline cracks running from the drain plug in all directions. :cry: I was wondering if anyone else has these cracks on their case. I'm hoping Suzuki will do the right thing. :cry:

Derik

How tight did you tighten it!? I can almost guarantee that they are going to blame it on you. Hopefully you have a good shop, that will believe you.

If they try to blame it on you, AND YOU DID NOT OVERTIGHTEN IT, Then show them the threads on the case. They will not be stretched/warped/stripped/galled(any of the above, or a combination). If they look at all like they are not "clean threads" good luck!

It really was'nt that tight. I've dealt with stripped threads on soft case materials before. It was probably more on the loose side if anything. It almost looks like the screws that hold the case halves together were tightened too much, as the fissures all lead to each case bolt...? :cry:

Derik