Sign in to follow this  

20mm TB Carb jetting HELP needed!!!

I have an XR50 with a 82cc BBR kit, Fast Fifties pipe, rev box, 20mm Trail Bikes carb/intake (stock jetting w/clip all the way down) (Needle up)

I had been running a little rich in this configuration with a BOG at off-idle acceleration. Then I decided to port my head to my intake and exhaust pipe. It started right up but when I gave it throttle, it sputtered. If I gave it full throttle "quickly" and held it there, the engine would die.

I played with the air/fuel screw but to no avail. Then i decided to keep the choke applied when I gave it off idle throttle and it seemed to work better until higher RPM's when it would pop.

Correct me if I am wrong but, it sounds as if my pilot jet needs to be bigger and maybe my main a little smaller.

Does anyone have reccomendations? I realize everyones set-up is a little bit different but if anyone one has some advice, I would appreciate it.

:cry:

Thanks for the article. I went and ordered a 38 pilot and a 80 main. As soon as they come in I will start with the pilot and go from there.

Thanks!

:cry: