Sign in to follow this  

thinking about a few things for my 2005 CRF250..need suggestions

I'm looking for a little more bark from my exhaust...I'm thinking about going for the DRD system. Any others I should look at? I'm in Boston, will it need jetting if I switch to a twin-air? Also. I'd like to get tripple clamps and bars. I have a set of pro-tabers and universal mounts...should I use those? Or should I go for a set of clamps? Thanks.

You might check out the CHM exhaust as well. One of the online magazines did a test on exhausts but i've forgotten which one. Do the JD jet kit. You might re-jet regardless of the filter you use. Ironic, but I put my twin-air backfire filter on this morning and it doesnt fit very good at all. I'll probably go back to the stock filter at next change. I love my Fastway pegs, but I'm 6'2. But definitely check the jetting.

6' 2" ey? I'm 6'1"...do the pegs make it any better? I promised my parents I wouldn't do too many mods. That was part of the deal to get the bike. So I'm keeping my self limited. I was thinking, bars, mounts, and exhaust for major mods. And jetting and a new filter for the small things. What jetting will I need to do? I'm pretty sure I'm 0-500 feet above sea level.

I just heard that Jemco is coming out with a low boy pipe for the 250F soon...if i get the 05' CRF 250, that pipe will surely be on my bike....around $300 bucks.....if i was you i would wait for it to come out! Pete :cry:

If you switch just the filter the stock jetting will probably be fine. If you eliminate the backfire screen try going up to a 175 or 178 main and a 55 leak jet.

I personally do not trust those universal "stacker" big bar mounts..look too chintzy and vulnerable. The proper mounts to use with your stock triple clamp are p/n# 02-4898 from any Tucker-Rocky dealer. Keep in mind that your bars will be about 3/4" lower with these compared to the universals.

I picked up the 55 leak and my dealer sold me the No Toil filter. Looks flimsy but he says Honda just switched to NO Toil for their race bikes. Is this true? I may order the F3's. Is there a noticable difference over stock pegs?

I have the M4 and like it a lot. Dyno results show increased low end and top end and mirrors the stock middle. Its titanium, about 1/2 the cost of other systems, and it accepts the stock or an aftermarket header gaurd (no rock dings). :cry: