Sign in to follow this  

JD..quick question for you, I'm new to jetting.

I have a 2005 CRF250R that I picked up a few weeks ago. I'm planning on throwing an exhaust on. I'm in massachusetts with the elevation between 0-1000 ft. Will I be able to benefit from your kit? Is it worth the 70 bucks? I just turned 15 and go to school for mechanics. I'm not new to motorcycles but I've only re-jetted 1. I'm just afraid of taking a 6,000 dollar bike that I saved every penny for...and not having it run right. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Try a jetting kit before spending money on an exhaust. The exhaust will never make up for missing or excessive fuel from stock jetting. The price is worth it considering the refinement, information included, spare parts, and support (IMHO).

I also have a '04 CRF250R to make tests and suggestions with. It's a great bike.

Thanks,

James

The jetting kit is the best bang-for-the-buck that I've spent on my bike. Just do it. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, if you like wrenching on motorcycles, think of the education/experience you'll get dialing it in (although it won't take much).