Sign in to follow this  

Another positive testimonial to the fork spring spacers....

just got back from a ride on my gf's 150 with the 1 1/8" spacers in the forks. Much better! Also preloaded the shock spring so that it only had about 15mm static sag.

Couldn't really jump anything before, now its actually comfortable to jump 20-30ft doubles, tables, whatever as long as theres a landing.(i'm 200 lbs)

together with the power up kit and bigger pilot and main, baffles removed, rev box, this bike is twice as fun as stock!

are these 1 1/8" spacers made up or bought? wondering how to get some,we put a 1/2" stack of stainless washers in and it seems like it could use more. :cry:

I believe you will need to fabricate your own. Any inexpensive metal like aluminum or steel will work, as well as thick wall PVC pipe of proper size. Happy trails!!

I went to Canadian Tire(any hardware or plumbing supply store. Is there an American Tire? :cry:) and bought a couple of 1/2" PVC couplings. they're just under 1 1/8" in diameter; you may have to adjust the length slightly. the length of mine are the same as the diameter.

i think that because the stock springs are progressive rate(.21/.48) the spacers take up that initial softness and make them feel more like straight rate springs. but i'm no expert, its just fun to bring it up for disscussion....

Are you just adding spacers or are you cutting off the soft part of the coil springs and adding spacers? If you just add spacers won't you get coilbind, thus limiting your travel? Are you still getting full travel with this mod?