Sign in to follow this  

Front Brake Woes

Installed new pads (EBC MXS)on my '04 last week as the stockers were getting worn. Went out riding today and 3 laps in they were squealing like mad! They worked fine, but the noise was annoying to say the least! I lightly filed/sanded off the glaze b4 installing and have recently bled the brakes w/Motul. I've used the MXS' on my YZ/YZf's w/no problems in the past.

Any idea to help eliminate the noise will be appreciated.

Thanks!

rap and fred are correct, stock oem pads are the only way to go.---most of the aftermarket stuff is junk.-----you might like to know even the big boys that get large money to run, sbs,ferodo,ebc, braking,----only run the stickers,if you get to look at the bike you will see stock honda pads,---that out to tell you something !!!

The CRF pad is great on all bikes. Any of th emodern mx bikes can use this front pad.

I was halfway satisfied with the galfer pads, but they were no match for the stock Honda CR pads.

Thanks guys!

Like I said, I never had a problem w/the EBC's on my YZ/YZF's. I'll order up a set of the stockers today and stop the noise!