Sign in to follow this  

ok, need help on monkey butt

I know, stand more, but in a 3 hour race littered with ruts, roots and rocks, it is dang hard to.

I have a nice blister in an area that I might offend others by describing location :cry:

How do you avoid this? It is driving me crazy. I don't have this problem when riding mx track all day long, as I stand up. But in Hare Scrambles, where I stand and sit about 50% each, I blister and man, the next few days afterwards are misery.

Help!

mx813

Might sound funny, but I wear a pair of tighty whities under my boxers and then wear my shorts or my riding pants. It seems to keep the friction down and supports the boys pretty a little bit extra.

I wear my regular underware with a pair of cotton shorts over them, under my riding pants. It seams like the two layers allow me to sit and not get chafed. Hope it helps, Pete

I don't suppose a picture would make anyone happy.

ummmm...no, not going there...

I wear MSR riding shorts with the chamois insert. No undies...gross, but yes, I wash them every ride.

Maybe the seams are causing the chafing, hmmm

mx813

Were you thinking of providing one? If so, go for it! :cry:

man... Even I don't want to look. Hurts to wash, hurts to sit, I have to walk bow-legged...Even tried my kids diaper rash cream. Uh, won't ever do that again, about cried from the pain.

mx813

man... Even I don't want to look. Hurts to wash, hurts to sit, I have to walk bow-legged...Even tried my kids diaper rash cream. Uh, won't ever do that again, about cried from the pain.

mx813

Wow, this sounds terrible! I can't help but laugh just a little tiny bit...but only because of your description. I really do feel bad for you. And, no, PMAUST, I wasn't talking about a picture of my monkey butt...I don't have a monkey butt...I was talking about MX813!

i wear bicycling shorts under mine. if it's over a half day ride, i use either chamee cream or a&d ointment. this comes from years of bicycling. also, you want to get out of your wet shorts asap after riding, especially if you've been in them all day. worst thing is to sit around in wet gear bench racing while the bacteria goes to work. :cry: good luck

Believe it or not, the best thing to wear to prevent monkey butt are panty hose. They keep your riding pants from rubbing on your skin. They also help keep you warm if it's a cold day.

If you already have monkey butt, get ahold of some emu oil.

Believe it or not, the best thing to wear to prevent monkey butt are panty hose.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, and again NO!

There isn't a case of Monkey butt in the world that would compare to the pain and suffering, humiliation, etc. etc. from the guys I ride with. I can just imagine the look from the guys (deer in the headlights)in the trailer as I'm pulling up my pantie hose, no no, no, I'll stick with my MSR riding shorts. I'll take a blister for a week to a life time of ribb'n any day.

it would be fun too if you went to the hospital and the nurse has to cut off your pantyhose

Believe it or not, the best thing to wear to prevent monkey butt are panty hose.

There isn't a case of Monkey butt in the world that would compare to the pain and suffering, humiliation, etc. etc. from the guys I ride with. I can just imagine the look from the guys (deer in the headlights)in the trailer as I'm pulling up my pantie hose, no no, no, I'll stick with my MSR riding shorts. I'll take a blister for a week to a life time of ribb'n any day.

Joe Namath didn't give a crap what his players thought. He got shelled by his team mates... he went about his business and kicked ass. Then thru time, we started seeing other players wear pantyhose too. Now it's quite the norm in the NFL. Of course I wouldn't get caught wearing p-hose in front of my kids. That's worse than being made fun of by your close friends! :cry:

I was on a 3-day trail ride in Arkansas, and the only thing that got me through day 3 was duct-tape.

Yes, that's right, I put duct-tape on my butt and it worked just fine, thank ya' much. Was so comfy I didn't take it off until somewhere in Virginia.

Duct-tape is like a second skin, so use it and use it often!

-Dave

Like the above post said: Chamois Butter found at a cycling store combined with a cycling shorts. Cured my problem with a tiny Mtn Bike seat. My bicycle seat is like a postage stamp compared to a MX seat.

I was on a 3-day trail ride in Arkansas, and the only thing that got me through day 3 was duct-tape.

Yes, that's right, I put duct-tape on my butt and it worked just fine, thank ya' much. Was so comfy I didn't take it off until somewhere in Virginia.

Duct-tape is like a second skin, so use it and use it often!

-Dave

OUCH, wouldnt that hurt when you had to pull it off?