Sign in to follow this  

Funky electrics

During my last turkey run the "button" started acting up. i would press it, no go, wobble the button around, sometimes no go, sometimes go. Of course i forgot all about it until today when i went back out for a ride. While going up a small rough rocky grade i noticed the headlight flickered then the bike died, actually I stalled it and then it wouldn't fire. Hit button ... no go... hmm. I noticed that the headlight wouldn't come on when the start button was on. Hit/jiggle light assembly with hand and light comes on and button works fine. umm maybe it's not a button problem. It did this sort of thing a couple of times. In fact at one point all the wacking/jiggling in the world wouldn't get the light to come on when the start button was on. However shortly after the wack session it decided to come on by itself... &%$#@!! hit button and go. When we got to a safer location i pulled the headlight/number plate off and both side panels nothing look chewed or was loose when i pushed, pulled, or tugged on it. Couldn't see anything obvious, bike ran fine for the last 10 miles of rough single track too. I plan to strip the body work and tank on monday and give it a better once over. I don't know much about the electrics on this thing. My initial guess is that something is loose or maybe a wire is wearing through. However all the stuff around the triple clamp looks fine. Any case you guys got any suggestins on what it might be or what to look for if nothing obvious comes up?? fuse was fine.

Must of been a loose wire. all i did was unplug and plug back in every connection i could get to and traced all wires and harnesses looking for a place where it may wear through. Nothing came up on the worn side. i think my aftermarket key replacement switch connection was loose. Since tweaking all the connections it's been fine.

Vroom Vroom :cry:

Damn it did it again!! This time while sitting on the bike stand. Same as out on the trail. Headlight goes out then no go when you hit the button. shaking the headlight assembly got the light back on. Gotta be something up front. Guess i'll start with the on/off switch. I hate electrical gremlins :cry: