Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Cable ripped!!!

Ok maybe I shouldnt be so surprized it did last the 20,000km of my abuse. Im Just glad it happened a corner away from my garage so I just pushed it there. Now I need to change my clutch cable, Is there any other stuff exept factory originals? any real difference? also I noticed that the cluch got that metal round thing from both ends , how in the hell I get it trouh all the rubber hoses? (or does the new one comes with all new hoses and the adjusting nuts?)

Also should I change my trotlle cables also? As I said I hit 20,000km on my bike and all original expt sprockets/chain.

Thank's a lot...makes it easier. Now most likely the local bike shops wont have it in stock are any other bike models fit my DRZ "S"? I understand that all of the DRZ (S,E,K) should be with the same clutch cable, all the Kawi KLX400 also included?

While you're at it, you can go ahead and buy two new cables and route them together. Hook one up and the second is a spare, already in place and ready to be hooked up in the event of a failure. Your next failure might not take place so close to your garage :cry:

ok....I cant find the clutch cable anywhere on line....whats the part number anybody??? in ronayers.com im going under "clutch" section but there is no cables there. :cry:

Thank you burned :cry:

called 5 bike shops and no one has it in stock the OEM costs $32.02 CAN and motion pro gonna cost me $26.95 CAN. If Im lucky im gonna have it in two days in the mail (im moving in 3 days :cry:)

So is there any benefit from the motion pro versus the OEM cable? exept the price :cry:

Good to hear :cry:

Now if I only had a car to get around......I have to take the bus :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not only that they suck big time, they are also cost me more money to go to work and back. The money I spend to go to work once on the bus would keep me going for atleast 4 days on my bike, and thats going everywhere not only to a fr#$king job. :cry: :cry: :cry: